Home Forums WoodMart support forum SEO: wrong headline structure in theme

SEO: wrong headline structure in theme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

getimo
    Participant

Hi,

1) We’re just a few days away from the relaunch of our shop with the woodmart theme. I’ve tested some pages in seo tools and realized that the the headline “LOGIN” has a h3 tag. This causes problems with the headline structure – relevant for seo.

https://prnt.sc/j1niy9

How can I change that without loosing the customization after each update?
    Or better: could you please change that tag to anything else but a headline?

Since the headline comes first in the source code the structure is broken.

2) The product title in the product carousels of woodmarts wp bakery element is a h3 too. Normaly you should use only 6-8 h3s. How can we change that tag?

getimo
    Participant

Forgot an attachment.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. You can copy woodmart_get_header_links from the file inc/template-tags.php to your child theme’s functions.php and replace that heading.

2. This title is a part of the WooCommerce plugin, you can see that it works the same way with default WordPress theme as well.

Regards

getimo
    Participant

1. Thank you very much, but could you tell what to do exactly? Thank you very much in advance!

2. I’m talking about the woodmart element for woocommerce in WP Bakery. This is not an official woocommerce plugin, isn’t it?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. As we said, find the function we mentioned, copy to the child theme and change the HTML structure to your needs.

2. Yes, but it displays products using WooCommerce template files, our theme just adds some appearance, but doesn’t influence the product title tag.

getimo
    Participant

Ok, thank you for clarification.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SEO: wrong headline structure in theme’ is closed to new replies.