Home Forums WoodMart support forum Shop filters breaking the page template architecture

Shop filters breaking the page template architecture

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Basile
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a website using the Woodmart theme. If I apply any filters on the homepage, it displays the blog page template instead for some reason. It doesn’t happen on product category /archive pages.

Thanks,
    Dragos

Hello,

Can you please share the WP admin login details of your site so I will check and solve the issue?

Best Regards.

Basile
    Participant

Here you go

Hello,

Regarding the Filters not working, please once try deactivating all the third party Plugins on your Site remaining the Theme required ones activated. If the issue gets resolved, then reactivate them one by one to see which Plugin is causing the issue.

Secondly, you have set the Shop page as your Homepage so please once try to check this concern on your Site with the default WP Theme like Storefront activated too and then mention the results so that we can further evaluate and check accordingly.

Best Regards

Basile
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve removed all the plugins apart from ACF, WooCommerce and Elementor which are huge plugins and needed for the site. Your filters are still not working on the homepage, when the homepage is also set as the shop page.

Thanks

Hello,

Sorry to say but we are seeing a WordPress end (wp-includes related) error on your newly shared Site: https://snipboard.io/e8wdo3.jpg

Your earlier shared boutique Site has the Filters working fine now as we have visited that. It’s the newly shared one which has the issue.

So, could you please first resolve the WordPress end error on the newly shared Site and then also please share the WP-ADMIN Login details of it so that we can further check this issue on your Site and assist you accordingly.

Best Regards

Basile
    Participant

Hello,

The error notice you are seeing is your Woodmart theme not compatible with the new version of Elementor. It’s using a deprecated function as you can see in their documentation: https://developers.elementor.com/v3-5-planned-deprecations/

Also, a deprecation notice has no bearing on the actual issue, although that should also be fixed as part of the support.

The website I sent the 2nd time is different because it’s a staging site, we couldn’t have a filtering functionality error on the homepage of our live site. The credentials are the same ones from above.

To recap, the main error we are facing is that when the homepage is set as the shop page, when you try to filter something it takes you to the blog page.

Cheers,
    Dragos

Hello,

Sorry to say but we have checked your mentioned concern with the default WooCommerce Themes like Storefront too and the same issue persists with that too. You can check for yourself too on your Staging Site.

So, this seems to be an issue either at the WooCommerce level on your Site or at WordPress level.
    Kindly, please once try contacting the WooCommerce Support in this regard too. They will guide you better with this.

Hope you can understand !

Best Regards

Basile
    Participant

Hello,

Can you show me where the error is when using a theme such as storefront? A screenshot would help. I checked and the error notice regarding the deprecated function disappears, please see the screenshot attached.

Thanks,
    Dragos

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

We have mentioned to you regarding the default Theme Storefront that the Filter issue that you are facing on your Site, is persisting with the default Theme like Storefront too. So, this Filter concern is specifically not happening with the WoodMart theme on your Site.

Please refer to the following Video for reference: https://www.veed.io/view/e84b3b58-d856-4105-b4c8-5504c3205fa2

Also, the other DEPRECATED FUNCTION issue is not related to the theme, it is the Elementor plugin issue, please ask the Elementor plugin author support to check and solve the issue, if you will check this issue with the WP default theme, you will also see this error.

Best Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)