Home Forums WoodMart support forum Shop navigation

Shop navigation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hello,

Can you please advise me regarding the shop navigation on single product pages. When you click on the icons (see image attached) these quick links do not take you to the next and previous products as they are displayed in the shop. They take you to the next and previous products as they are displayed in the unsorted arrangement you have in the backend. For customers this has no logic.

Is there any quick way to get this product navigation to show product links based on how products are displayed on the front end of my shop?

Of course I can go to Products > Sorting and rearrange all the products in the category until that works, but this would take far too long when we have lots of products in the shop.

Do you understand my question? Thanks again

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

By default, the WooCommerce plugin doesn’t have products next/previous arrows functionality at all. To implement this feature we use standard WordPress PHP get_next_post and get_prev_post functions that can obtain adjacent posts from the database. Unfortunately, it takes products from the whole table and depends only on the shop page order. The system can’t know that you previously visited this product’s category page. Yes, it would be much better to show next/prev product from the same category. But how the system might know which one? The product can be from multiple categories. Then, from which category next product should be taken? Or for example, if I use filter by price or by color/size the order for products changes again. And naturally, that when you open some product from that page you must see products from the same color/size or from the same price filter interval. And there are a lot of such cases that make it impossible to make product arrows buttons work as expected.

We spent a lot of time investigating this issue but, unfortunately, there is no solution for this problem. You can check any other theme for WooCommerce and you will see the same issue.

Best Regards.

ToriTori38
    Participant

Many thanks for your detailed reply. Yes I thought this might be the case. I previously used a plugin (Post Types Order by NSP Code) which completely sorted this problem. However it was an extra plugin and I try not to use any exra plugins these days.

It is not a major issue in any case. Thanks again

Most Welcome,

If the plugin “Post Types Order by NSP Code” works just fine. Then you can use it at your own risk. But if you do not want to use extra plugins. This is also a good choice.

Feel free to write back for further assistance. You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Thanks for contacting us.
    Have a great day :-)

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Shop navigation’ is closed to new replies.