Home Forums WoodMart support forum Shop Page Header Back Button

Shop Page Header Back Button

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Joe
    Participant

On the shop page, the back button which appears next to category titles does not function as it should.

The back button simply has a javascript event attached to it – javascript:woodmartThemeModule.backHistory()

When selecting filters, the URL changes, and so becomes a history item.

As a result, if you are in a sub-category, filter products, and then wish to go up to the parent category, the back button will not go up a category, instead stepping back through the history of filters you have applied.

My recommendation and what I would expect to happen is for the button to be coded to link to the parent category if one exists and if one does not exist, to link to the main shop.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, this button just redirects you back in the history. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this as you describe. It is not possible, and other themes work exactly in the same way. We already spent a lot of time investigating this question but there is no any PHP or JS function that can help us in this situation.

Regards

Joe
    Participant

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

I will forward this article to our developers and they will check it for our future updates. Thank you for the suggestion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)