Home Forums Basel support forum SHOP PAGES not working as per demo

SHOP PAGES not working as per demo

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

GCMarketing Admin
    Participant

Hello! Thank you for the fantastic theme.

I am having a couple of issues that I cannot seem to resolve, I have posted them in separate tickets;

SHOP PAGES NOT WORKING LIKE YOUR DEMO
    It only appears correctly on the /shop URL, however when I click a category it shows the reload on the shop however then it redirects pages where the Basel product categories functionality disappears.

I would love it to work as per your demo (but I cannot seem to see what I have done wrong in terms of setting up the pages/categories)

Hope you can assist me to fix.
    See screenshots…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

You don’t need to create any separate pages for categories. You just need the shop page. And you already have it. All categories pages will be generated automatically.

Regards

GCMarketing Admin
    Participant

Oh ok I see. Because I had originally had all those pages created prior to changing over to your theme. So what should I do now – just delete those pages?

What if I want to link to a particular shop category (will it still appear as it does under the /shop URL?

Because I think that is what is going wrong – I have a page already created which is overwriting this feature – is that correct?

Thank you in advance.

GCMarketing Admin
    Participant

I deleted the Category pages that i created – but now it says ‘Nothing found’ when I click the menu in the SHOP page for ‘Product Category’.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to resave Settings -> Permalinks. It seems to be a conflict in your pages and categories links. Try to recreate some categories also.

GCMarketing Admin
    Participant

Oh ok, I am not sure how to resolve this pages/categories conflict – all the slugs match one another. Although I have deleted those pages – so it should only be working off the product categories now.

I have resaved Setting > Permalink and created a New Category ‘Apples’ – but the issue still is persisting. I cleared my history and cache, but the issue still remains.

Artem, I am not sure how to resolve this – hope you may have any other suggestions for fixes?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, please check now.

GCMarketing Admin
    Participant

Ok yep the SHOP pages are working now – but the product pages and checkout are now doing the ‘Not Found’ error.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to disable geolocation option in WooCommerce Settings.

GCMarketing Admin
    Participant

Ok – I disabled the Geolocate (I have this turned on to make another plugin stable for the currency) and resaved the permalinks after I did it as well – but still no change.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

By the way, have you set checkout page in woocommerce settings?

GCMarketing Admin
    Participant

Ok I don’t have a checkout page, I did have one I swear haha – I will recreate it and fingers crossed it resolves the issue for the product pages?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we don’t have other ideas. It seems to be related to installed plugins or to WooCommerce. It can’t be caused by our theme.

Regards

GCMarketing Admin
    Participant

Ok, checkout issue is resolved.

However, I have seen a strange pattern occurring not sure how to resolve it;

Product permalinks has the issue;

Shop base – is selected product pages don’t work (but category pages are working)

Shop with category base – is selected category pages don’t work (but product pages are working)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we really can’t know what this issue is caused by. As we said, it seems to be related to installed plugins or to WooCommerce. It can’t be caused by our theme.

GCMarketing Admin
    Participant

Yes – it was not a theme issue sorry Artem – I sincerely appreciate you helping me!

If ever anyone else has this error here is the fix
    https://conschneider.de/fix-broken-links-missing-pages-wordpress-resetting-permalinks/

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, thank you for posting the solution here.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)