Home Forums WoodMart support forum Single column product page problem

Single column product page problem

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

horny_fungus
    Participant

Hi, I use single columin images on product page. Recently the layout stopped working properly. Maybe it is related to WooCommerce update to 3.8?
    The issue is that when a variation selected while you try to scroll down through the page only right column with product information is scrolled, left column with product images is not being scrolled beyond 1st image.
    I tried deactivating all plugins and the problem is still here. It’s rather strange but probel appears only for not logged in users, when I am logged everything is OK.
    Please investigate this ASAP because the problem highly affects user experience.

horny_fungus
    Participant

I’ve just checked in local environment and found that problem is not related to recent WooCommerce update.

Hello,

I am checking your product and our demo for one column product https://woodmart.xtemos.com/shop/furniture/grand-comfort-chair/?opt=images_col1

I see the pages work in the same way. How do you expect it should work?

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

On the page I provided please select material -> brass and try to scroll.

Hello,

That was exactly I have done: https://gyazo.com/26f085901dc7b8ef0f99561a40f98d29 and https://gyazo.com/78c01200209ca59233a273641681d522 and I see that they work in the same way.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

Please make sure you select brass and scroll right after loading the page. The bug disappears sometimes after first variation selection. Also it appears only for logged out users.
    I have tested this with different browsers and devices.
    Check following videos:

Hello,

Please update your login and password I cannot log in again.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

Looks like this is because some symbols are not shown properply in private content. There’s a “&” symbol in password which was substituted for “&”, remove “amp;” and password will work.

horny_fungus
    Participant

The message was corrupted again, but I hope you got the idea. Did you manage to log in and check what’s going on?

Hello,

Yes, I have found the proper password and I know that should remove these symbols and I always do. We have entered the site. We need to inspect deeper, please update your FTP access or disable blocking configurations because we cannot log in now.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

Here’s FTP credentials:

Hello,

Make sure you have disabled all the blocking configurations. Perhaps your host is blocked for users from certain countries or else. I cannot log in.

I have tried all ways: quick and manage site ways.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

Let’s get back a bit: are we talking about FTP or wp-admin or both?

Hello,

Now I am trying to enter FTP and I cannot log in.

WP-admin access is workable now, I have checked and logged in successfully.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

I’ve just double checked server settings – no IPs are blocked.
    I was able to connect via FTP with these credentials.
    There’s “amp;” again, so please double check that you removed these symbols.

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

We checked your site on several devices and we can’t access the site either via FTP or through a browser. We can only access your site using VPN. Our developers are located in Ukraine. Maybe you have to limit access to the country?

http://prntscr.com/pu7hdf
    http://prntscr.com/pu7f97

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

horny_fungus
    Participant

I contacted host support. They said to me that there are no known IP blocks and asked to provide IP addresses from which you are trying to access the website and the ftp service so that they may investigate the issue.

Eric Watson
    Participant

Unfortunately we do not have a static IP. in this case, could you provide access to your cPanel where there is a file editor.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

horny_fungus
    Participant

All this is very strange considered your support staff already connected via FTP many times previously.
    I’ve just checked site accessibility from Ukraine and found no problems – https://www.host-tracker.com/InstantCheck/2/3c772e15-3d02-ea11-add0-0003ff7328cc/
    So the problem should be on your side.
    Please try another FTP account:

Eric Watson
    Participant

Yes, this is very strange, but unfortunately, the developer who is assigned to your topic cannot really connect. Let’s get back to the connection option via cPanel, could you please provide access? Or maybe you can enable the ability to edit files in the admin panel of WordPress?

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

horny_fungus
    Participant

I’ve just installed File Manager WP plugin, please use it for your investigation.

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

Try adding this code to file woodmart/js/functions.js as shown in the screenshot and disable minify js option in Theme settings.
    https://prnt.sc/puiz2l

Regarding the indentation problem in the product description, we will add the indentation option in the next update.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

horny_fungus
    Participant

I added suggested code to functions.js but the bug is still here.
    Please check following:

Eric Watson
    Participant

The problem that you have shown before on screencast was about product description column disappearing and only product gallery displaying after variation selection. As we can see from now that issue was fixed and we cannot see in anymore your product page.

We have checked you’re the site again and didn’t see the problem that you have described in your last reply. Could you describe in more detail or better send a screencast or a screenshot where you can see the issue.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

horny_fungus
    Participant

It’s rather difficult to describe the bug. From time to time it differs. In general there are some glitches realted to images in the left column – either they are are jumping or misaligned badly.
    Please try selecting some variations for different products and you’ll understand.
    Check following videos:

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

What we see from your video is that additional variation images on a single product do not have time to load before page scrolling begins. Try to decrease the size of your product images by using lossless image compression and resize images from 2000×1500 to 1200×900 or less.
    It can reduce the weight of your pictures in 3-4 times and have a positive effect on image loading speed when variations were chosen.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

horny_fungus
    Participant

Check 2nd video – images are fully loaded there. Try yourself and you will see this issue.

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

Yes, we see a problem and it is very rare and specific, it appears when you turn on at the same time some options such as lazy loading, sticky product, additional pictures of variations, picture style in one column.
    We added a piece of code in the js that fixes the problem, but only if you turn off lazy loading, since you have a placeholder that differs in the aspect ratio of pictures with pictures for the product.
    Add this code to the child theme functions.php to disable gallery-only lazy loading and we will add the yours js fix in the next updates.

function woodmart_disable_lazy_on_single() {
    	woodmart_lazy_loading_deinit(true);
    }

add_action( 'woodmart_before_single_product_summary_wrap', 'woodmart_disable_lazy_on_single', 5 );

function woodmart_enable_lazy_on_single() {
    	woodmart_lazy_loading_init();
    }

add_action( 'woocommerce_after_single_product_summary', 'woodmart_enable_lazy_on_single', 5 );

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

horny_fungus
    Participant

Thank you very much. Now the bug is fixed.
    Do I understand correctly that I’ll have to keep the code provided in child theme even after update?
    Also I want to draw your attention to the fact that I am using that configuration (single column images + sticky product + lazy loading) for long time and never changed it. But everything was working fine with lazy load turned on, the problem appeared only after recent update. So maybe this this caused by some JS code changes? Can you please investigate this?

Eric Watson
    Participant

Yes, you need to leave this code until we find a universal solution. We will deal with this problem further, as soon as the results are available, we will inform you. We will test this problem with old versions of the theme to find out when it appeared.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 43 total)