Home Forums Basel support forum Site breaking when using sidebar

Site breaking when using sidebar

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

Hi,

When I am using a sidebar widget the website is breaking down now and then. It will wait when loading and then only show the body but not correct. After refreshing it sometimes works and sometimes it dont.

I have this with an existing site as well since a while, I removed the Instagram sidebar widget and now it is ok. But with this new site it is also breaking down, as well with a simple image or side products.

Weird thing it does not do it all the time. My other site was checked with screaming frog and it gave 500 errors with the instagram widget in the sidebar, now not anymore.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin access so we can check it?

Thank you in advance

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

See private content

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, enable the sidebar and send us a direct link where we can see the problem.

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

See private content 2

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, you need to analyze your error logs on the server once you will get this error on your website. Currently, we don’t see this problem and not able to understand why it happens.

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

Ok, I will put debug on for the new site, this was in the error log of the other site:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This error is related to the Instagram element. Try to remove it completely and check how it works without that element.

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

Yes, as I said before I found out for myself, removed Instagram from the sidebar and the other site is working fine for now. I had hope it was just the Instagram element in the sidebar.

But with this brand new site, different server, different host, no other plugins used, the same happened with product widget and image widget in the sidebar. So I expect to get the same kind of error message but then with a different element.

I will put debug on and let you know as soon as I have an error report from the new website.

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

Here is the Instagram error on the new website:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Do you mean that it doesn’t work only in case when you put the Instagram element?
    If it doesn’t work with other widgets then there is should be some different kind of error.

As for the Instagram, most likely you didn’t configure it correctly. Please, follow our documentation and be sure that you have an account with some photos for this https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/faq-guides-2/setup-instagram-api/

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

It is configured correctly. Connected with API through your option in theme settings. Then te widget is also set as API so that can not be the problem.

Both sides are breaking down now and then when using the Instagram widget. I thought it was with products as well with the new site because I did not had Instagram in the sidebar there. But I allready had it in footer so that might be the problem.

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it don’t. I made you a video, had to tape 25 times but then it happened so I could film it. You see it breaking down. Next video I refresh and then it is fine. I have the error log of this moment as well.

Also a printscreen on my phone of the new site with Instagram in the footer showing an error. After refreshing it was fine again.

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

I can not attach the films here, please let me know how I can show you

Attachments:

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

Error log

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to put the following code to the file basel\inc\shortcodes\shortcodes.php like it is shown on the screenshot https://prnt.sc/tcjfax

if ( is_wp_error( $images_data ) ) {
        return $images_data;
    }

Kind Regards

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

Thank you, I did put the code in at the new site and see what happens. If it is ok I will change it in the old site as well.
    I will let you know next week if it works out.

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

Addition, for now I see this error on the new site now and then. Only in the sidebar, in the footer is ok.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t see any errors on your website now https://gyazo.com/63ab908bfb15767783da6f901f305d64
    How can we reproduce the problem?

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

That is the hard part, it does not happen all the time. But if you keep clicking around long enough it happens now and then. Now with this error I only have printscreens, from the error before I have a video when it happens.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We have tried to refresh your website for 10-15 minutes and never got the error. Try to contact your hosting provider and ask to increase the timeout for that operation.

CarolaCCSports
    Participant

Ok, thank you for trying. So far I did not get the initial error anymore so I think the addition in the code is ok.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, contact us if you will have any extra questions.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)