Home Forums Basel support forum Site is very slow

Site is very slow

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

User1
    Participant

Hi there

I have a site with the following:
    – 35 products
    – Products has up to 4 attributes
    – Highest number of variations for a product is 66
    – Queries for the shop page is showing 6,201 and load time of 42 seconds. The queries are reported by a query monitor pluggin.
    – We switched the theme to storefront when we had 18 products and the queries went down from 4,000 to 273.

Please help to make the site load up quicker.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our theme and contacting us.

Could you please send us your admin access so we can check your information and see the queries report?

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

User1
    Participant

Hi there

See below a copy of our site.
    Please tell me how to make it faster to load with the Basel theme.

It takes over 25 sec to load and gets longer as I add more products.
    My actual site with more products is taking over 45 sec now.

The Query Monitor plugin on the admin bar for the website below is showing:
    – 25.67 seconds to load
    – 4,752 Queries

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

In this situation are you able to provide us your FTP access so we could troubleshoot it and provide you with a solution?

acaro
    Participant

Hi,

Since I started using your theme 2 months ago my Average page load time and server response time has tripled on google analytics! TTFB takes 2-4 seconds for the server/site to respond. I have contacted my hosting provider and several representatives have assured me the wait time is not due to the server but when the site is uncached this is the site response time. This is especially the case with the product pages, it takes the longest for them to load even though some have very little content..

If you could please look into this and see if there are any conflicts with your theme and my site setup. I have tested by disabling the child theme, disabling all plugins to just include the ones needed by the theme and still TTFB as well as loading time are very very high. Since this is a staging environment feel free to make any changes but please keep a log so I can implement in the live site.

Thanks!

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

We checked your site with our theme and with the Woocommerce default theme – Storefront. The average loading time of the product page with our theme is 3.11s and with the Storefront 2.5s. The difference of 60ms is due to the fact that there is more content in our theme, such as CSS, JS code, and additional elements. Could you please provide a link to a page where your site is slowly being loaded.

Our theme: http://prntscr.com/gbxz1m
    Storefront theme: http://prntscr.com/gbxzkj

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)