Home Forums WoodMart support forum Site Performance on PageSpeed Insights

Site Performance on PageSpeed Insights

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

katelynjoly
    Participant

Hi There,
    I am getting some pretty poor page page performance scores on PageSpeed Insights. I was curious if there was any optimization settings/plugins you would suggest. Also, a lot of the items on the home page, I am displaying “none” with your hide/show on mobile. Unfortunately, the images still load with this, see the below article:

https://medium.com/frontend-fun/css-how-css-display-none-affects-images-on-page-load-dbdf1aaea820

Any thoughts on optimization would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In general, our theme is already optimized and don’t have too many resources to make your website slow. Most likely, your website performance suffers from the content you have added to your website. It may happen in case of too many plugins, large not optimized images or other resources. So we suggest you to remove unnecessary plugins, install some kind of JS & CSS optimizing plugins like Better WordPress Minify and a caching plugin like WP Super Cache or use WP Rocket for both tasks. Also, you can use GTmetrix tool to see what makes your website slow and optimize these parts of your website.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)