Home Forums WoodMart support forum Site totally crashes after theme update

Site totally crashes after theme update

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

peter.forensys
    Participant

Dear Support Team,

I want update the theme from an old version to the latest. I have theme version 3.8.2, and I want to update this to the latest version 4.6.0 but after update our website crashes.

And in the 3.8.2 version I noticed that header builder is not working. I thought that If I update the theme it will work but I can’t update.

I attached some useful pictures. First pic: how home page looked like after the theme update, second pic: how admin url looked like after theme update, third pic: header builder menu on the admin area with google chrome console (you can see the errors this way).

I look forward to your early reply.

Thanks,
    Peter

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and contacting us.

Please restore the site from a backup and provide the site admin access as well as FTP to the private area

Best Regards

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hello,

I restored the site. I gave the information in the private content section.

Thanks

Hello,

Please restore the site once again, deactivate all the plugins, switch to the parent theme.

Best REgards

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hello,

I don’t udnerstand what happened. Why should I deactivate plugins?

Hello,

Please read and follow the instruction here: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/3-x-4-0-migration-guide/

Please restore the site and deactivate the plugins. I will try to update once more.

Best Regards

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hello,

I restored the site form a backup then I deactivated all of the plugins now.

Hello,

Please contact your host support https://prnt.sc/t4ablo I cannot upload the folder via FTP.

The file size is too big to upload via Dashboard > Appearance > Themes

I uploaded the last time without any problems, and now I am stuck. Please ask them to increase the file size so that I could upload via WP.

Best Regards

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hello,

I updated the max upload size settings from 2MB to 32MB. Is this enough for you?

Thanks,
    P

Hello,

Yes, that would be enough.

Thanks. Let me know when I can upload it.

Best Regards

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hello,

You can. Or at least you should be able to upload because I’ve already updated the setting to 32MB.

peter.forensys
    Participant

Can you share me some information about the problem? It’s a theme conflict with a plugin or what can you see?

Thanks,
    Peter

Hello,

Now the theme has been updated. https://gyazo.com/0dd2174a6ca57115af14b4501fb69c07

The plugins not related to the theme are not activated. When I try to activate the theme they crash the site. So, please make the full backup of you site as it is now without additional plugins, then try to activate your parent theme, if it is successful, then activate the plugins one by one checking the site, to detect what crashes the site.

Best Regards

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hello,

You mean I should activate the child theme then test which plugin causing crash? Because you wrote “try to activate your parent theme, if it is successful, then activate the plugins one by one…” But the parent theme is already activated.

Thanks,
    Peter

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hello,

I activated the child theme, then I activated the plugins one by one, and I could activate every plugin and the site didn’t crash at this time. I noticed only 1 problem: When the Popup Builder is activated, the theme’s header and footer builer is not working. This is the Popup Builder we use: https://hu.wordpress.org/plugins/popup-builder/

Can you fix this somehow? Maybe in the next update?

thank you!

Hello,

Yes, sorry I meant activating the child theme.

If you have problem with this plugin, deactivate it and consider our Promo Popup feature here: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/promotional-pop-ups/

Besides, we have Popup element which is called on the button. Here is the demo: https://woodmart.xtemos.com/button-with-popup/

Best Regards

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hello,

Okay, thank you. But I still couldn’t understand what was the issue with the update. Because now I could activate every plugin and the site didn’t crash. Or it was the Redux Framework and CMB2 plugins? Sorry but I need to know what was the issue.

Thank you!

Hello,

Since the moment your last version has been updated, all your plugins were amended in addition you have customized the theme in the child theme.

The first time I updated the site rushed because I activated the child theme. Then the site rushed when I tried to activate theme related plugins (they were all out -to date) then finally I installed the theme, deleted all the plugins related to the theme and uploaded them from the fresh version. This attempt was successful. I am sure the reason was too old plugins. If you do not update the plugins on time, they became harmful.

Best Regards

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hi. It’s strange, beacuse I updated every plugin to the latest version before trying to update the theme, including theme related plugins (Redux Framework, CMB2, YITH Wishlist).

Hello,

These plugins no more needed Redux Framework, CMB2, YITH Wishlist. Does the site work now?

Best Regards

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hello,

I know that these plugins no more needed, but you said the problem was because of too old plugins. But I updated all plugins before trying the theme update. That’s why I didn’t understand you. Anyway, the site is working now, I hope everything will work too when we will lauch our client’s WooCommerce store on it.

Hello,

I cannot tell you exactly the reason. Such often happens when there is not updated on time. Please update the theme on time.

You need to make the full backup of your site before each update, deactivate the plugins not related to the theme. As soon as the theme is updated switch child theem, check the site, then activate the plugins one by one and check.

I am sure you would not have any problems in the future.

Best Regards

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hello,

Okay, thank you very much for your help!

Regards,
    Peter

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)