Home Forums Basel support forum Site won't do anything but full width

Site won't do anything but full width

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

kyledparsons30
    Participant

Hi there,

My site is reverting to full width for every section on every page – in Theme Settings > General Layout > Site Width has no effect.

Also, if I try to do custom CSS and make a row max width it works however it’s sticking to the left and I won’t seem to respond to any margin commands.

Here’s a page as an example, I’d like to set a max width of around 1000px or whatever default is.

Thanks,

kyledparsons30
    Participant

Update: ok so it’s actually working but not on the page template I’m using which is “Slider Revolution Blank Template”.

How do I get the margins to set to “default” using this page template?

If there’s no way to do that, how can I hide the header/footer on a certain page?

Thanks,

Hello,

Try to make the rows and sections full-width in the row/section settings https://wpbakery.com/video-academy/full-width-row/

If it does not solve the problem, provide your site admin access, page URL with the problem.

Best Regards

kyledparsons30
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I don’t think you understand, I DO NOT want the rows to be full width.

Thanks,

Hello,

If you do not rows to be full-width, set the “Default” in the row settings. Check the layout which you have set for the site in the Theme Settings > General. Make sure you have not set the full-width for the site.

Best Regards

kyledparsons30
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I’ve already done this, however the page template “Slider Revolution Blank Template” isn’t effected.

What CSS can I use to set a max width for a row and make it float in the center?

Thanks

Hello,

Chose the default template for the pages. Check the issue and provide your site admin access as well as the page URL with the problem. I will check and suggest.

Best Regards

kyledparsons30
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I can’t use the default because I need to hide the headers/footers for this particular page and that is the only template that does so.

Is there a way to hide the headers/footers using the “default” template.

Hello,

Yes, you can hide the header and footer for one page with custom CSS added to the Page settings. https://prnt.sc/ox2co5

Create your page with the default template and provides its URL I will provide CSS.

Best Regards

kyledparsons30
    Participant

Thanks, here is the page in question:

Hello,

I am checking the pages and see that they do not have header and footer now. Please clarify.

Best Regards

kyledparsons30
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Sorry for the confusion, please check again and you will now see footers and headers.

Thank you,

Hello,

Please add this code to the Page Settings as shown on the screen above:

body .basel-header-overlap .main-header:not(.header-split) {
        display: none;
    }
    body .footer-container {
    }

Best Regards

kyledparsons30
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Thanks for the code, it worked for the FOOTER but not the HEADER, please see below:

Hello,

Please replace the code for the header in the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

.basel-header-overlap .main-header:not(.header-split) {
    }

Best Regards

kyledparsons30
    Participant

Hi Elise,

That worked, thank you.

Eric Watson
    Participant

You are welcome!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)