Home Forums WoodMart support forum SizeRange filter how to?

SizeRange filter how to?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dielasd
    Participant

Hi,

I have created three custom product attributes for size ranges. I have size range 20-30, 31-40, 41-50 as possible options. Then I am adding those as a product attribute to the products. Additionally I have created a products filter for this attribute, and it all works fine. However it is very difficult to maintain this. I would like to ask for tips on how to make this dynamic? Similar to the price range filter. Therefore instead of having to manually add (and/or remove) the sizeranges attributes in every product, I could just read the size filters, and return only the products that fall withing the set size range.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hello,

Unfortunately, the change that you are asking this time around is also the default functionality at the WooCommerce level which isn’t influenced by the Theme itself.

To add the Attributes under a Product whether it is Size or any other you eventually need to edit the Product first > and then define the Attributes and create the Variations for it. Thi is how it works under WooCommerce.

Although, you might know that you can Bulk Edit Products, if you want to assign some common things to all under the Dashboard > Products: https://snipboard.io/e2OdXp.jpg

Best Regards

dielasd
    Participant

Bulk assigning attributes is not the difficult part. That would be maintaining products after you have already assigned them those attributes. If a product has sizes 20, 21, 30, 31, 40, 41 and it gets assigned to the sizerange attributes of 20-30, 31- 40, 41-50, but then it runs out of stock for 20, 21, 30, 31, 40 after a little time, then it should not be listed under the 20-30, and/or 31-40 sizerange attributes.

This thing had better be dynamic, otherwise it could never work irl.

I’ll keep looking for alternative solutions maybe.

Hello,

Yes, you might want to look for alternative solutions in this regard because WooCommerce by default doesn’t provide a feature right now that best sorts out this issue.

Hope you find the solution in this regard soon.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)