Home Forums WoodMart support forum Slider responsiveness problem

Slider responsiveness problem

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

arven1
    Participant

Hi,

I tried to make my revolution slider on homepage to be responsive (and not only to look good on homepage) on mobile and tablet devices. If you check how it looks on mobile and tablets, you’ll see that images destroys its share because of 1/4 line in visual composer. My question is how can I make sure that image is not positioned too much up on mobile and tablets and how to remove that 1/4 column placed in VC just because I want to always to show categories menu on homepage?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Here is a video tutorial from plugin’s developers that should help you to adapt your slider for mobile devices https://www.themepunch.com/faq/slider-revolution-responsive-tutorial-5-0/

Regards

arven1
    Participant

Trust me, I know everything about it. But with this I simply have issues. Please check my video. It will tell you what is the problem and I cannot resolve it via VC. Can you tell me how to set up -58px on top margin for slider just for desktop and notebooks?

arven1
    Participant

Ok, please ignore above. I’ve resolved the most of things there. I just want to know something… How to position CTA button instead of cart (placed on the right of logo on tablets and mobiles) because we think that we will not use cart just request a quote button. Can you tell me how is that possible please?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there is no section for CTA buttons on mobile devices in our header layout.

arven1
    Participant

Can you help me to add some code to move it there for mobile and tablet devices or you cannot? Like on image: https://prnt.sc/hnxchh

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This button is a part of the desktop mega menu and you can’t display it on the mobile menu as on your screenshot, sorry.

arven1
    Participant

How is that not possible? Just to replace cart button with CTA button not to add something else? But how to do that? Help please.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can try to put your button code to the function that displays the shopping cart widget since there is no such option in our theme settings. Find this code in the file inc/template-tags.php. Function is called woodmart_header_block_cart.

arven1
    Participant

But I don’t want to have shopping cart icon… Basically I’ll use only request a quote and intend to remove cart feature eventually… So there are no possibility to fill that white space somehow? If I add this instead of cart for mobile and tablets, then it will be shown also on desktop and notebooks which is not what I need (as I already have CTA button there).

Is there any other way to surpass this? This will be really that this good theme doesn’t have this option inside because if cart is disabled on mobiles and tablets are big white empty space on the right side of a logo and you will agree that this is bad.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

So, if you will not use shopping cart widget at all, simply replace its code with your CTA button in the location we wrote you. Then, we will help you to hide it on desktop devices with a simple CSS snippet.

arven1
    Participant

Yes I see, but I’m currently using catalog mode. How can I replace this in that mode so CTA button can be instead of cart on tablets and mobiles? Should I first disable catalog mode and then do this changes? Even I want this to be in catalog mode as we don’t need to show the prices.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But the catalog mode doesn’t hide the prices as you need. It simply disables the shopping cart and add to cart button. And you can remove this condition in a function with the shopping cart to show it even if the mode is enabled.

arven1
    Participant

I tried to do that. I’ve also used child theme and update inc/template-tags.php where I did all changes but nothing worked. I used [maxbutton id=”1″] as a test but nothing worked. Can you please check why is this happening? Even nothing is broken after I use code and do everything you told me to do. Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please provide us your FTP access so we can try to do this for you?

arven1
    Participant

Sure, I’ve provided you FTP details. Please if you will be able to sort out this problem, let me know what you do so I don’t need to bug you for this in the future. Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we can’t connect with this data. It seems to be incorrect.

arven1
    Participant

Can you please try this data with IP as FTP server?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we have added it for you. Please, clear your cache to see CSS changes. Button text and link you can change in the file functions.php in the child theme.

arven1
    Participant

Thank you very much.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)