Home Forums WoodMart support forum Slow Page – Will you work on optimization?

Slow Page – Will you work on optimization?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

akladnja
    Participant

Hello,

I am using your theme and I love it. Now we have some customers who want an online shop with woocommerce – I would love to use it but your theme is really slow since because of its big files. I have attached you a Report of Google Page Insight where you can see that your Style.css is the biggest – also the JS Composer CSS and the RevSlider are very big files. Are you planning to work on this?

You can also use your demo to see this:
    https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwoodmart.xtemos.com%2F

Thank you!

Best regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

In general, our theme is already optimized and don’t have too many resources to make your website slow. Most likely, your website performance suffers from the content you have added to your website. It may happen in case of too many plugins, large not optimized images or other resources. So we suggest you to remove unnecessary plugins, install some kind of JS & CSS optimizing plugins like Better WordPress Minify and a caching plugin like WP Super Cache or use WP Rocket for both tasks. Also, you can use GTmetrix tool to see what makes your website slow and optimize these parts of your website.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

akladnja
    Participant

Hello,

thank you for your fast response.
    I have already tested it and did all possible optimizations but there are still three issues. You can check the images I sent you. There you can see that the woodmart CSS is the heaviest and that there are to many DOMs.

My question is if you are going to improve this?
    We are going to start some projects and need to find a good theme with good performance.
    Thank you!

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

CSS size can be reduced in two ways:

1. Use our CSS generator and unselect options that you will not use https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/css-generator/

2. Be sure that you have enabled Gzip compression on your server.

As for the number of DOM elements, it corresponds to the number of elements you have. More menu items, products, images, blog articles you have, more DOM elements are generated. So if you will create simpler websites, you will get less DOM elements.

Kind Regards

psivel
    Participant

Hi,

On the site awwwards.com (https://www.awwwards.com/sites/woodmart-wordpress-theme/mobile-excellence-report) the test (based on woodmart jewelry demo) indicates a speed index of 21 457 (target < 4000) and a DOM size of 3 049 nodes (mine is over 2 400 when google recommends < 1500).

So I believe that x-temos demos being done by x-temos team they should be as optimized as possible but the result is far from being good. I don’t think the issue comes only from the users plugins as x-temos claims in all related threads.

The problem is not only that the site IS slow (mine is not so slow and I’m very happy with the theme) but that Google SEES it slow according to its how algorithms and that this could have a bad impact on ranking.

It seems to me that even if we should use cache plugins and tune our websites to limit the number of plugins, you should also think about optimizing the theme for future released.

Cheers,

Pierre

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for the investigation. We are always keeping the performance in mind and all features that we add are already optimized. The number of DOM elements on the page is related to a number of elements like products, images, menu items, etc.

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)