Home Forums Basel support forum Some questions

Some questions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

gfontain
    Participant

Hi,

Fisrt questions, Is it possible to substitute Twitter and Pinterest by Instagram and Linkedin in the social buttons area (social-buttons.jpeg in the attachments) ?

My second questions is about share buttons in product page and posts. For share buttons in post page and in the post itself I wanted to know if it’s possible to add Linkedin and have 6 share buttons ?
    In the product page, is it possible to substitute the share buttons by a clickable icon (like this : http://urlz.fr/7HQq ) ?

Third questions : I organized the product page suggestion area, but the sequence of product is constantly changing with every new entry in the page. How can I set the sequence of product in the page product suggestion area (product-page-suggestion.jpeg) ?

My final question is about arrow navigation between page product. The sequence is directed by the ID of products. I wanted to know if it’s possible to set the sequence myself (arrow-shop.jpeg) ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

gfontain

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Unfortunately, there are no share buttons for Linkedin and Instagram and you can’t display them in the footer or on the post page.

2. You can change your products order with drag and drop function in Dashboard -> Products -> Sort products. This order will be applied for your home page element as well.

Regards

gfontain
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for answering the first question. But you don’t answer the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Please look at the attachments.

Best regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We thought we answered all your questions. You asked about share buttons and products order. If we understand you wrong, please, provide us some better explanation.

Thank you in advance.

gfontain
    Participant

Ok I’ll do my best to explain as clearly as possible.

2nd question :
    In product page, there are share buttons (please see attachment called screen1.jpg). Instead of having those, we just want a share icons (please see attachment called screen2.jpg). When clicking on this share icons, a mini pop-up appears (please see attachment called screen3.jpg, proposing to share on different social media.

3rd question :
    This issue is about related product at the bottom of product pages. The display of related product is changing randomly. For example, look at the attachment called screen4.jpg. The sequence of products is product 1, product 2, product 3. This sequence is different from the attachment screen5.jpg which is product 2, product 1, product 3. The order of related product is changing when reloading the page… We just want a sequence which never change.

4th question :
    On the shop page (Please look at the attachment screen6.jpg), our first product is “nettoyage classique” (classic clean in english). The second product is “nettoyage intense” (deep clean in english). And when you click on the classic clean product, the product displays with the product navigation arrow should be the deep clean product. But instead of that, it’s another product called “Caméléon Prestige” (please see attachment screen7.jpg). How to manage that ?

I hope my explainations are clearer now. I really do my best to detail my questions.

Thank you,
    Regards

PS: the numbers of attachments are limited to 4, so I add a response to this topic with the rest of the attachments.

Attachments:

gfontain
    Participant

And the other attachments…

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

2. There is no such kind of share buttons on our theme.

3. Related products function is a part of the WooCommerce plugin and our theme doesn’t influence their order. There is no option in WooCommerce to change that.

4. By default, the WooCommerce plugin doesn’t have products next/previous arrows functionality at all. To implement this feature we use standard WordPress PHP get_next_post and get_prev_post functions that can obtain adjacent posts from the database. Unfortunately, it takes products from the whole table and depends only on the shop page order. The system can’t know that you previously visited this product’s category page. Yes, it would be much better to show next/prev product from the same category. But how the system might know which one? The product can be from multiple categories. Then, from which category next product should be taken? Or for example, if I use filter by price or by color/size the order for products changes again. And naturally, that when you open some product from that page you must see products from the same color/size or from the same price filter interval. And there are a lot of such cases that make it impossible to make product arrows buttons work as expected.

We spent a lot of time investigating this issue but, unfortunately, there is no solution for this problem. You can check any other theme for WooCommerce and you will see the same issue.

gfontain
    Participant

Ok thank you for your responsiveness and your time.

Best regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are always welcome.

We are closing your topic now so please feel free to open a new topic if you are in need of help or assistance.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Some questions’ is closed to new replies.