Home Forums WoodMart support forum Some warning and notices coming from wph-widget-class.php

Some warning and notices coming from wph-widget-class.php

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

horny_fungus
    Participant

Hi, recently I saw following messages in my error log:

Notice: Undefined index: fields in /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/widgets/wph-widget-class.php on line 538

Stack Trace
    1. {main}() /wp-admin/customize.php:0
    2. do_action() /wp-admin/customize.php:123
    3. WP_Hook->do_action() /wp-includes/plugin.php:470
    4. WP_Hook->apply_filters() /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:327
    5. WP_Customize_Widgets->enqueue_scripts() /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:303
    6. WP_Customize_Widgets->get_available_widgets() /wp-includes/class-wp-customize-widgets.php:712
    7. WP_Customize_Widgets->get_widget_control() /wp-includes/class-wp-customize-widgets.php:1070
    8. wp_widget_control() /wp-includes/class-wp-customize-widgets.php:1122
    9. WOODMART_Banner_Widget->form_callback() /wp-admin/includes/widgets.php:274
    10. WOODMART_Banner_Widget->form() /wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php:534
    11. WOODMART_Banner_Widget->create_fields() /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/widgets/wph-widget-class.php:76
    12. WOODMART_Banner_Widget->create_field() /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/widgets/wph-widget-class.php:327
    13. WOODMART_Banner_Widget->create_field_dropdown() /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/widgets/wph-widget-class.php:433
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/widgets/wph-widget-class.php on line 538

Stack Trace
    1. {main}() /wp-admin/customize.php:0
    2. do_action() /wp-admin/customize.php:123
    3. WP_Hook->do_action() /wp-includes/plugin.php:470
    4. WP_Hook->apply_filters() /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:327
    5. WP_Customize_Widgets->enqueue_scripts() /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:303
    6. WP_Customize_Widgets->get_available_widgets() /wp-includes/class-wp-customize-widgets.php:712
    7. WP_Customize_Widgets->get_widget_control() /wp-includes/class-wp-customize-widgets.php:1070
    8. wp_widget_control() /wp-includes/class-wp-customize-widgets.php:1122
    9. WOODMART_Banner_Widget->form_callback() /wp-admin/includes/widgets.php:274
    10. WOODMART_Banner_Widget->form() /wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php:534
    11. WOODMART_Banner_Widget->create_fields() /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/widgets/wph-widget-class.php:76
    12. WOODMART_Banner_Widget->create_field() /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/widgets/wph-widget-class.php:327
    13. WOODMART_Banner_Widget->create_field_dropdown() /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/widgets/wph-widget-class.php:433

Unfortunately I have no idea what triggered the warning, supposedly some front-end activity.
    Can you please check what could happen and also tell me to what theme element this is related? Is this about header promo banner?

Hello,

It seems to be a core WordPress problem not related to our theme. Try to install Classic Widgets plugin to fix this problem for now https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-widgets/

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

Thanks for fast reply. Can you please advice how I can trigger the issue, so I can test the solution you provided?

Hello,

This issue occurs when you try to modify or add new widgets under Appearance >> Widgets.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

Unfortunately the issue repeated even after I installed and activated Classic Widgets plugin.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the third party plugins and provide the login details of the website.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

Unfortunately this is impossible as this is live site and it won’t work as intended with plugins deactivated.
    BTW the error was already reported here – https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/need-help-to-fix-one-issue/

Hello,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Some of the Errors you mentioned were from the widget area. Which are fixed after installing the classic widgets plugin.

Therefore the other error would be fixed in the nearest update as mentioned in the other topic you attached.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

There are several more related warnings (I suppose all these are PHP 8 specific).

Warning: foreach() argument must be of type array|object, null given in /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/widgets/wph-widget-class.php on line 538

Warning: Undefined array key "fields" in /wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/widgets/wph-widget-class.php on line 538

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for your report. We will fix these errors in our next theme update.

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)