Home Forums Basel support forum Sticky Header Background: Shop & Website

Sticky Header Background: Shop & Website

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Vansaren
    Participant

By going in Theme Settings/Header/Logo there’s only one field for a sticky header logo called:

“Logo image for sticky header”

Sooner or later you will end up to face a small problem, which is a sticky header with a white background in the “Shop” page and a sticky header with a black background in the rest of the website, or the inverted situation.

I would like to keep a white background for the shop sticky header, and a black background for the website sticky header.

The problem is that you can only upload 1 image for the sticky header, which means that you have to decide if design the logo to fit a white background, or to fit a black background, which again it means, that the logo will be invisible in one of the sticky headers.

It would be also nice find out where the background color of the Shop Sticky header is managed, because going in Theme Settings/Shop/Layout there’s no option about.

ty

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you mean to have two options for sticky logo image dark and light, right? We will consider adding this function in our future updates.

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

Yep,

however in the main while, how I get a black background header for the Shop?

The homepage comes with slider revolution and the header is transparent and turns in a black background when the sticky header is triggered, however when you switch to the shop page, there’s a header with the opposite color of the sticky header background in the homepage.

In other terms I can not find a unique command on a precise page (ie settings/layout) that set up the same background color for all the sticky headers and for all the headers.
    In this case there would not be need of double logo images, I would simply decide to chose between a white or black logo, which right now is hard ’cause I can get a uniform style between home and shop if not by clicking here and there hoping to get some result.

thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, there are no such specific options for each page in the header layout and styles configuration. As we can see now, all your pages have dark header background with light logo. What pages do you want to change?

Vansaren
    Participant

Because I’ve installed a second application on the same server as staging. So far is fine in this way as you see it, and honestly I don’t remember how I got it, just clicked here and there because set up the background color of the header and the sticky header and the related text color between white and black, it’s a hell.

On the staging application I was trying to get a bordered and transparent header and sticky header on all the website pages, except the shop header and shop sticky header but it was simply impossible, the functions that you can change via WP Edit and those one that you can change via the Xtemos panel, overlap each others and you never have a clear view about what you are doing if not by opening and closing multiple windows, refresh, re open and so on. At some point I had working fine the homepage, but not all the others so was not really clear if the Xtemos panel rule over all the header of all the pages or if the WP Edit functions override the Xtemos panel.

Shortly, I would prefer to get pregnant than go back on that, I hate that part of the theme, but for the rest I would recommend it.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We hope that all these issues will be in the past when our header builder will be released. With that, you will be able to configure different headers for different pages and will have much more control on that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)