Home Forums Basel support forum Sticky header sporadically doesn't work on Firefox

Sticky header sporadically doesn't work on Firefox

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

aloke
    Participant

Hello XTemos Team,

I’ve noticed that the sticky header feature appears to be having an issue on Firefox.
    In the theme settings “sticky” has been enabled and on all pages I’ve set it to inherit the global theme settings.

Sporadically the navigation just doesn’t stick and other times it works perfectly fine.
    Is there a known bug with the sticky header and firefox?

I’m using the latest version of Firefox: 92.0.1 (64-bit)

aloke
    Participant

Attached please find a link to the video demonstrating the issue.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Contact Form 7
    Mailchimp for WordPress
    Safe SVG
    Slider Revolution
    WooCommerce
    WPBakery Page Builder
    XTEMOS Post Types plugin

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

I am checking on my testing site, the sticky header works properly in the Fire Fox. If you have the child theme, check that issue in the parent theme.

Best Regards

aloke
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve followed your instructions and disabled all plugins except the ones required by the theme you mentioned. I activated the parent theme and cleared the cache. The issue still persists, please see the video shared privately.

Hello,

Please, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. This testing may take up to 15 minutes. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

aloke
    Participant

Hello,

Please find the admin access credentials in the private content below.

I hereby grant permission for temporary theme switching and plugin deactivation.

A backup has been created.

Kind Regards

Hello,

I am checking your site in Firefox and the header is sticky: https://gyazo.com/ee9258a3fbc76b91dd3c72f7a9acf0fe

Could you kindly track the issue, perhaps you would notice some kind of regularity?

Best Regards

aloke
    Participant

Hello,

as shown in my previously sent video, the issue happens sporadically. If you switch between pages several times, the issue will occur. In your video, you stayed on the same page when the sticky functionality was working, but did not attempt to switch between pages.

You will notice that the function found in “function.js” that applies “act-scroll” to the navigation isn’t being triggered at all on the navigation element.

Please check this issue thoroughly because you will be able to reproduce it as I have on several machines.

PS: I’ve created a new temporary user – the credentials can be found in the private content.

Thank you.

Hello,

Please update the site credentials, the site admin access provided above, is not workable.

Best Regards

aloke
    Participant

Hello,

the credentials have been updated in the private content in my previous reply (September 27, 2021 at 6:48 am).

I can confirm they are currently still valid.

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

In this situation are you able to provide us your FTP access so we could troubleshoot it and provide you with a solution?

Best Regards

aloke
    Participant

Hello,

Yes, I am able to provide you with the FTP credentials please find them in the private content below.

However, please do not make any changes directly to the web server or revert your changes and provide me with a fix, so I can commit the solution directly via version control.

In addition to the above, please note that the temporary user credentials have changed.
    The updated site access credentials can be found in the private content below.

Thank you.

Hello,

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom JS > On the document ready:

jQuery(window).trigger('baselEventStarted');

We will fix this in our nearest update and you can delete this code as soon as the new version has been released and you update the theme.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)