Home Forums Basel support forum Styles are not working properly anymore.

Styles are not working properly anymore.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

saibot
    Participant

Hi, my product grid styles are not working properly anymore, please help

Hello,

Your problem is not clear enough. How do you expect it should work and what it is wrong?

I am checking the product grid on the home page and cannot catch the problem with the styles.

Best Regards

saibot
    Participant

hi, thanks for the reply. i had to fix the styles so I reverted back to an older basel version currently 4.4.1. The version when everything broke was 4.5.0

it did not load the style files and the bootstrap grid was not applied properly. a 4 column grid became a one column grid etc.

you can see it when you update the theme. I change the admin pw as well, see below

saibot
    Participant

I also deactivated all other plugins that are not basel related and the error persisted.

Hello,

Please update the theme up to 4.4.5 and make sure all the related plugins are also updated. Deactivate the plugins not related to the theme and check the issue again.

Best Regards

saibot
    Participant

do you have version 4.4.5 for me? I don’t know how to access the download for that version

Hello,

Enter your account on the ThemeForest and navigate to “Downloads”. Upload the theme and update following the instructions https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/update-theme/

Best Regards

saibot
    Participant

there is no version 4.4.5 see screenshot.

I expect a bit better answer than a link that doesnt show how to select a specific version. If i follow your guide I’d just install 4.5 again. Not helpful at all!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

saibot
    Participant

okay guys, I actually went out of my way and try to figure it out myself. My site breaks when the style.css version from basel is set to 4.5.0 but it’s alright when the version number is set to 4.4.1. So what’s the issue here now?

saibot
    Participant

I’m using version 4.5.0 from basel but with style.css set to 4.4.1

Hello,

Sorry for confusing, you are right 4.5

Please advise, have you deactivated all the plugins not related to the theme? Please be sure the theme 4.5 works perfectly with these plugins http://prntscr.com/m8bny3

Best Regards

saibot
    Participant

guys…

I already mentioned that I deactivated all plugins and it still doesn’t work and I already pointed out the Error!!!!
    I really need someone who can resolve this for me!!!!

So far the support is really bad!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We just checked your dashboard and see that you didn’t deactivate additional plugins. Please, deactivate them and update our theme so we can check the problem. Currently, we can’t help you since there are no any problems with styles.

saibot
    Participant

Well, that’s a bit problematic because some of our essential site functionality is plugin dependent (affiliates management and subscriptions).
    I need you to tell me when you are able to have a look (Sydney local time) then I prepare everything for you.
    I also already pointed out that the error only appears when the style.css of the basel template is changed to 4.5.0 and not when it is changed to 4.4.1. This should really narrow the error down for you guys, actually close enough to find a solution.

So please let me know when you have time to have a look. I really want this resolved.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

I will be online for the next 8-10 hours so just notify me when you will update and disable plugins. I will check it immediately.

Regards

saibot
    Participant

thank you, I deactivate it now and will check regulary on any updates. I also gonna set the style.css to 4.5 again

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Be sure that you update all theme files and not style.css only.

saibot
    Participant

all plugins are up to date as well as the theme. I already updated the theme but it created an error unless I did that tine change in changing line 6 in style.css that I explained already multiple times

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, disable all external plugins first. And what kind of changing in 6 line do you mean?

saibot
    Participant

I deactivate all external plugins since 15 min
    please skype with me as this back and fourth get’s annoying

saibot
    Participant

I already explained:

when I change style.css inside the basel theme on line 6 or 7 from 4.5.0 to 4.4.1 everything works just fine
    i now changed it back to 4.5.0 so that you can see that it does not work correctly

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. Please, don’t modify any theme files.

2. Reinstall the theme completely to be sure that there are no any small changes in our files. Just remove the current theme and install a new one downloaded from ThemeForest -> Downloads.

3. Some plugin or custom code adds this weird extension to all files https://gyazo.com/bb931ef459f8b5a66a334b71ec11142c

saibot
    Participant

I know, but I don’t do it. All other plugins are deactivated lol

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

May we try to reinstall the theme for you?

saibot
    Participant

Okay i installed it new but the error persists. Please feel free to try it yourself as well

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The problem persists because of these extensions https://gyazo.com/9541d825615de0c3100b337c0406aba0
    Maybe they are added by some extension on your server. Try to contact your hosting provider to check it.

saibot
    Participant

there is no extension on my server. there is only wordpress and your theme and your plugins at the moment

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to check this. We don’t see such URL problems on other websites. It happens only in your case and the only one difference is your hosting.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)