Home Forums Basel support forum Sub Category selection first reloads same page slowly and then selected category

Sub Category selection first reloads same page slowly and then selected category

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

eroweglana
    Participant

Hi,

I have an issue with loading sub categories from within a main category shop page. When you select sub category, the loading wheel appears and then re-displays the main category items. Then a few seconds later the page will loads items for the sub category I’ve selected.

This is fine if you expect it to happen but the average user on the site wouldn’t know to wait and would think that the link to the sub category failed and they would browse away from the page.

We are currently on a slow server and will be moving to faster server very shortly but I’m not convinced that a slow server would cause this issue.

Can you please take a look and advise? Please see below link and try pick any sub category, you will see what I mean.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Our AJAX requests have a timeout of 5 seconds and if they don’t get a response from the server at this time the page will be loaded in a natural way. If you need, we can give you an instruction how to increase this time to 10 or 15 seconds but it is not a solution and you can try to disable this function completely.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)