Home Forums Basel support forum Superslow shop loading times

Superslow shop loading times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

veikkopalo
    Participant

Hi,

For some reason it takes ages for the users to load my woocommerce product category pages:

http://vaatehaukka.fi/tuote-osasto/naisten-vaatteet/
    http://vaatehaukka.fi/tuote-osasto/lasten-vaatteet/
    http://vaatehaukka.fi/tuote-osasto/miesten-vaatteet/

If I enable any of the standard wordpress themes, or one other woocommerce theme bought from themeforest, the shop loads way faster. Would you know what causes this and how could I maybe fix it?

veikkopalo
    Participant

I noticed that the “time to first byte” increases heavily when I use Basel theme (see attachment). If I enable any other theme (e.g. standard wordpress theme) the time to first byte is franction of what it is with basel.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

veikkopalo
    Participant

After looking at the query logs and time, it looks like this is mainly caused because of the BASEL price filter widget (loads 17 seconds -> see the screenshot). Do you know what is wrong with it or how can I disable it? I removed it from the page sidebar widget area, but the page still loads it/uses it for some reason.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

veikkopalo
    Participant

Ok. I had to disable the BASEL price filters from the theme settings (E.g. now they are not showing on top of the category pages). Now the shop pages load in “normal” speed again. E.g. the BASEL price filter for some reason makes the pages load for ages. Would you know why and how to fix it? I would like to use the price filters in my website.

veikkopalo
    Participant

Now I removed this from the woocommerce.php file

if( ! function_exists( ‘basel_price_widget’ ) ) {
    function basel_price_widget() {
    $filter_widget_class = basel_get_widget_column_class( ‘filters-area’ );
    the_widget( ‘BASEL_Widget_Price_Filter’, array( ‘title’ => __(‘Price filter’, ‘basel’) ), array(
    ‘before_widget’ => ‘<div id=”BASEL_Widget_Price_Filter” class=”filter-widget ‘ . esc_attr( $filter_widget_class ) . ‘”>’,
    ‘after_widget’ => ‘</div>’,
    ‘before_title’ => ‘<h5 class=”widget-title”>’,
    ‘after_title’ => ‘</h5>’)
    );
    }
    }

what it did is that it removed the BASEL price filter from the shop widget area (it’s placed there as default if you want to enable that widget area in the theme). After removing that, that pages load a lot faster.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We see that you have too many products in your shop and it may cause our price filter widget queries to work slow. You can try to use default WooCommerce price filter widget. If you still want to use our one, please provide us your admin and FTP access so we can investigate what is wrong with it.

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)