Home Forums WoodMart support forum Switching from main to child theme

Switching from main to child theme

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

ubistrul
    Participant

Hello. I don’t know for what reason, but at the moment my site is using the woodmart base theme, and not the child version. You probably changed this in the settings when I gave the site for debugging. In any case, I had a need to switch to the child theme, but keep the current theme settings, all the styles, etc. How can i do this?

Hello,

Navigate to Appearance > Themes. Activate the Woodmart Child theme.

All your styles and settings should remain intact. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out!

Best Regards.

ubistrul
    Participant

I don’t know why I’m having such bad luck, but after this switch it’s impossible to log into the admin panel, and a critical error occurs on the site. I didn’t think to make a backup copy. Can you help me get the site back up and running?

I am sharing with you access to the hosting panel because it is impossible to log into the wp panel. I didn’t think that problems could arise, and I was just going to launch a website for a customer just the other day.

ubistrul
    Participant

At the moment there is no need to help restore the functionality of the site, so the previous request is canceled. But still I don’t understand why I can’t switch to child theme. It’s very frustrating.

Hello,

If it happens with the child theme only, then it means that the custom PHP code added to the child theme is no longer valid. You need to either remove it or fix. Try to remove this code function by function to find which piece causes this problem.

Best Regards.

ubistrul
    Participant

but for now I haven’t added anything to the child theme’s function.php file

<?php
    /**
     * Enqueue script and styles for child theme
     */
    function woodmart_child_enqueue_styles() {
    	wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css', array( 'woodmart-style' ), woodmart_get_theme_info( 'Version' ) );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'woodmart_child_enqueue_styles', 10010 );

what kind of cleaning are you talking about?

Hello,

Sorry to say I am unable to login to your site. Please give me the site access so i will check and give you a possible solution.
    https://ibb.co/ZTWQ3hc

Best Regards.

ubistrul
    Participant

That’s what you’re asking for

Hello,

Please once delete the Child Theme on your Site > and then recreate it and then check back the issue again. Hopefully, you won’t have any issues by then.

The following article describes how to install a child theme manually:
    https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/setup-child-theme/

Best Regards.

ubistrul
    Participant

Unfortunately, this didn’t help. I deleted the theme and downloaded the child one via the link, tried to activate it and ended up getting the same critical error.

🙁

Hello,

Your issue has been solved. I have re-installed the Woodmart theme on your site, now the issue has been solved.

Please check the site after removing the browser cache.

Best Regards.

ubistrul
    Participant

Thanks a lot. It really works!

I have another problem slightly off topic. It concerns links to attributes. I have a specific attribute that includes archives, but it doesn’t help to add links instead of plain text for those titles. Why is that? It seems to have worked just recently. Once again: archives for this attribute are ON.

Hello,

You need to enable “Archives” for the attribute that does not have the link in Products > Attributes > Select and enable.
    https://monosnap.com/file/v3q5Gs8VCgj7mWLfMOeH6JWgCOIwzy

Best Regards.

ubistrul
    Participant

I literally wrote twice in my message that I enabled this setting in the attribute I needed, but it’s still just a non-clickable list…

Hello,

Please deactivate all the 3rd party plugins and activate only theme-required plugins on the site and then check the issue. I am sure your issue will be solved. Then Activate the 3rd party plugins one by one and check which plugin is creating the issue for you.

Otherwise, if the issue still exists then keep the 3rd party plugins deactivated and let me know i will further check on your site and give you a possible solution.

Best Regards.

ubistrul
    Participant

It did not help. I do not know what the problem is…

By the way, now for some reason I can’t access your site without a VPN, everything was fine the whole time before.

ubistrul
    Participant

I left the stock version. Please help solve this problem. All access remains the same.

I was probably given some kind of blacklist address. It worked again without VPN.

Hello,

Your issue has been solved. Please check the attributes archive pages now after removing the browser cache.

Best Regards.

Hello,

Also, please update the theme to the latest Woodmart 7.5.2 version and update all the theme plugins as well. I am sure your issue will be solved.

Best Regards.

ubistrul
    Participant

Thanks a lot! It really works!

But why didn’t it work?

Q2: Tell me, do I need to update the theme manually by downloading a new theme file through envato, or are there any other update methods? (I did this via theme upload via envato)

Hello,

Try to update the theme via Appearance > Themes or via Dashboard > Updates.

Please follow this guide:
    https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/update-the-theme/

Best Regards.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)