Home Forums WoodMart support forum Tablet view issue

Tablet view issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

artwork
    Participant

While using the Woodmart theme on a tablet, I encountered an issue. In landscape mode, when browsing on a tablet, the cart and wishlist icons do not appear on a product card. To view the product, I have to click twice on the product card. Upon the first click, the icons appear, and only after the second click can I proceed to the product page. It seems to work the same as on PC. However, everything works properly when switching to portrait mode. I have provided a video link demonstrating this behavior. The video was recorded in Google Chrome tablet view mode for demonstration purposes, but the same behavior occurs on my iPad.

How can this problem be fixed? Because it’s not user-friendly for the people visiting the site.

Hello,

Please navigate to Theme Settings -> Product archive -> Products styles and turn on the “Open product on click on mobile” option. After enabling the option, the product will open via 1 click as well.

Best Regards.

artwork
    Participant

The layout I’m using doesn’t have this option. See attached image.
    In fact, this option is only available in the “show summary of hover” layout.

But this doesn’t help because the landscape view on the tablet is capable of using the PC desktop layout, and it does use it. Please implement some mechanism that allows to find out whether is being used a PC or a mobile device and, depending on this, show product cards. Also, watch my video carefully and read the initial post.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Kindly, please share your Site WP-ADMIN Login details in the Private Content field so that we can check this concern on your Site and help you out accordingly.

Best Regards

artwork
    Participant

This has nothing to do with my site’s configuration. This is the theme’s default behavior from the very beginning of installation. You will find a link to a demo with passwords in private content.

Hello,

You can check your Site on a real time device (Mobile/desktop/tablet) to confirm more regarding the issue.

Best Regards.

artwork
    Participant

I’ve already looked into this on my iPad, as mentioned in the first message. As I mentioned earlier, the problem is with the tablet when it’s in landscape (horizontal) mode. The iPad’s landscape view is wide, so it shows the same layout as a regular desktop computer because it’s more than 1024 pixels wide. The layout changes are controlled by CSS and breakpoints, but the template doesn’t have a way to know if it’s being viewed on a PC or a tablet. I like the tablet’s landscape view with the full menu, but the only problem is with the hover icons and double-clicking on the product cards.

Hello,

Our mobile mode starts at a screen width of 1024px for better compatibility with the builder plugin, as Elementor chose this width by default. However, if you wants to display these buttons at a wider screen width, you can use the following code.

@media (max-width: 1180px) {
    body .wd-product .wd-buttons {
    		opacity: 1;
        transform: none;
        visibility: visible;
    		border-radius: 35px;
    }
    }

Best Regards.

artwork
    Participant

Yes, that’s exactly what I wanted.
    Thank you for your help.

Most Welcome!!!.

I’m so happy to hear you are pleased with the Theme and Support. XTEMOS strives to deliver the best customer experience, and it makes our day to hear we have accomplished that.

We count ourselves lucky to have you as a customer. You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Thanks for contacting us.
    Have a great day.

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tablet view issue’ is closed to new replies.