Home Forums WoodMart support forum The search engine is very limited for a woocommerce theme

The search engine is very limited for a woocommerce theme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

The search engine is very limited

Question. Why can’t I search for a product by name and attributes?

example. Red bikini size xl

the search engine shows response that it did not find any product!!!

WASIPLtd_Website
    Participant

I really wish it was able to pull products based on name and attributes.

Something Xtemos are just behind on, feels like these should be pretty standard features.

Yes, I started 3 years ago with an idea …. then it became a project and no developer wanted to do it on wordpress.
    So I had to sit down and read and learn. I bought 8 themas premium plus a dozen plugins. Everything is very nice when you see the demos. But then… Anyway.
    I chose woodmart over xstore because of the good performance and very few bugs among other advantages. I’m a bit disenchanted though. But it’s too late to change theme. So I’ll have to adapt to what’s there.
    I’m testing a new plugin for search…. then I’ll tell you.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

The thing is that we are using the default search functionality from WordPress so we cannot influent it, so I will send your suggestions to the team.

Ok, I will wait for your response.

Kind Regards

Yes luke, that’s the problem. You use the standard wordpress search engine. And it doesn’t work for ecommerce.

I am testing my multivendor site with a group of 6 people of different ages. Unfortunately they got used to search engines like google or the big eccomerce sites.

Example. If they want to buy a set of dumbbells for gym, they type :

Pair of colored dumbbells for gym of 5 kilograms.

Or….Summer lino sheets for king size beds

If in my site I type “sheets” results appear, but if I continue typing only 1 more letter, it immediately places “no products found.”

The relevanssi plugin seems to have a lot to offer, but only if you have a degree in systems engineering!!!.

I think the xtemos development team could come up with something good in this section.

The compatibility with dokan is not even worth talking about. It is very low!
    You can’t use the layered filters of woodmart in dokan.

The design with dokan filters looks so bad, that I had to remove them all. Anyway…I know I have to hire a developer and a designer. But I have to think about investing at least 2000 usd….

I would prefer to pay xtemos for a plugin that applies the same design of the theme in dokan or whatever…

I would also pay for a plugin that improves the most important part of an eccommerce… the search engine!

The best example of the problem is in the search engine of this same support site.

If you put more than one term, most likely it will tell you that it did not find anything.

Thanks for your help.

the search engine does not return results with a single extra letter in relation to the term in which it was written in the title!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

At the moment such changes are impossible to make for the search, whereas in future updates we will consider it.

In the meantime, feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Kind Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)