Home Forums Basel support forum The site breaks after updating the theme

The site breaks after updating the theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Makaron22
    Participant

good day! I haven’t used a child theme on the site before. Now, when updating the theme, the entire site breaks down. Can you tell me if there is an option to update the theme and not break the site?

Hello,

Please restore your site from the backup and:

Move all PHP customization into the functions.php of the child theme,

Move all JS to the Theme Settings > Custom JS,

Move all CSS for the Theme Settings > Custom CSS.

Then deactivate all the plugins, update the theme, update the plugins related to the theme, then activate the plugins that do not relate to the theme one by one checking the site.

Best Regards

Makaron22
    Participant

thanks for the reply. I’ll try to do this. and what about the re-translation of the topic from English to Russian. After all, I can still understand the translation of the topic Basel

Hello,

You can translate/rewrite all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Please check the video tutorial to see how to save the translation file correctly. You can remove the plugin and translations would remain. Also, translations would remain after each theme update.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)