Home Forums Basel support forum Theme clashing with plugin

Theme clashing with plugin

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

We need to use a certain plugin (details in private), but there is an error in the theme file, according to a plugin developer.
    Please advise.

Thank you,
    Ivy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try to check your JS console for errors in the following situations

1. Without this plugin.

2. Disable minify JS option in Theme Settings / Performance.

3. Check now it works with default theme.

Send screenshots of the JS console for all three cases.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

IvyK
    Participant

Not quite sure what you mean by ‘default theme’ (3).
    We used 2016 theme to test and everything works fine there.
    Please see attachments, I hope that is what you were asking for.

Just to mention, we just updated to the latest WordPress version.

Ivy

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you. Please provide you temporary admin access so we could log in and troubleshoot the problem.

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

Since that was a website for debugging, we have now installed the plugin on our main website so you can go in and troubleshoot.

Thank you!

Ivy

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

It happens because this plugin includes TweenMax JS library that already included in our theme. You need to remove this library to prevent duplication of some functions.

Regards

IvyK
    Participant

Hi again,

Unfortunately that didn’t seem to work.
    We tested the plugin with our previous theme (Atelier) as well, which is much more elaborate than a default theme and everything works perfectly there as well, even with all our plugins (Basel+Atelier) turned on.
    It is just not happy with Basel for some reason.
    We need this plugin, It is vital for our store.

Looking forward hearing from you!

Ivy

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, it may work with any other theme that doesn’t use Tween Max JS library (including atelier).

We see that this library is still included with the plugin. What exactly did you try to fix this? Did you remove it from the plugin? Here is a file containing this library https://dta8vnpq1ae34.cloudfront.net/app/js/pprint.js?ver=4.7

Write us about the result or if you will have any additional questions so we could help you so solve this problem ASAP.

Kind Regards

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

The plugin developer was reluctant to remove his library and asked us if we could remove the library from the theme instead.
    We were not comfortable with that solution since at one point we hope to have our own custom plugin that we’ll own and host ourselves (his Web to Print solution is hosted by him) and we are planning to keep our theme, besides we have big concerns that removing that library from theme would cause all sorts of problems on our website.
    We are not developers, we don’t know much about those things but we need It to work.
    Since we were not able to locate his plugin library, my partner removed the library from the theme on our TEST SITE only, just to see if It worked. It didn’t, but perhaps he didn’t do It correctly.
    We are in a jam now, plugin developer is not cooperative and being difficult and we really don’t want to remove the library from the theme because all above mentioned reasons.

What is your advise in this situation?

Can his plugin library be removed without causing any issues for him? I see that data is stored somewhere on cloud, would erasing that library affect just us in this case?
    Sorry, question must be very dumb, but I don’t know those things and have no one else to ask at this moment.

If removing It from his plugin won’t affect anyone else, we want It removed.
    We are struggling with this for almost 10 days.

What do you think is best to do?

Thank you so much!
    Ivy

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ok, lets try to remove the library in our theme only. A proper way to do is the following:

1. Disable “Minify JS” option in Theme Settings -> Performance.

2. Open /basel/js/libraries.js file and remove everything between these lines

from this

/*!
     * VERSION: 1.18.4
     * DATE: 2016-04-26
     * UPDATES AND DOCS AT: http://greensock.com
     * Includes all of the following: TweenLite, TweenMax, TimelineLite, TimelineMax, EasePack, CSSPlugin, RoundPropsPlugin, BezierPlugin, AttrPlugin, DirectionalRotationPlugin
     * @license Copyright (c) 2008-2016, GreenSock. All rights reserved.
     * This work is subject to the terms at http://greensock.com/standard-license or for
     * Club GreenSock members, the software agreement that was issued with your membership.
     * @author: Jack Doyle, jack@greensock.com
     **/

to this

/*! nanoScrollerJS - v0.8.7 - 2015
    * http://jamesflorentino.github.com/nanoScrollerJS/
    * Copyright (c) 2015 James Florentino; Licensed MIT */

Contact us after file changes so we could check how it works then.

Regards

IvyK
    Participant

Hi again,

Thank you, thank you, thank you, you are our saviour!!! 🙂

It worked!

Once you click on the product page, the ‘Customize’ button is there. It is flickering a bit sometimes especially on a first load. Sometimes for a second you can see ‘Add to Cart’ button and then It switches to ‘Customize’ button, not quite sure why.

I left the link in private so you can check.

I want to thank you again and again, you have been (I’m not sure is It one person handling the support or few) wonderful to us from the very beginning and both my partner and I are very, very appreciative for all your help! Thank you!

All the best,
    Ivy

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

I just realised that our product gallery images are now in vertical instead on horizontal position.

Ivy

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. “Add to cart” button flickering comes with this plugin. It put his JS after all document is loaded. And before this moment “Add to cart” button is shown.

2. We see one more JS error on your product page that cause the problem with thumbnails. Here is JS code causing it. It doesn’t come with our theme

Regards

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

We didn’t noticed the problem with gallery images until we erased that part of the library code. We have a demo site for debugging with that plugin activated and there are no problems with product gallery images there. We also realised that our carousel
    also disappeared from home page at that time. Since we don’t have many things configured yet on our site, we don’t know what else might not be working properly.
    Erasing that part of the code gave us exactly what we needed but we worry now that is causing the problem elsewhere which is exactly what we were afraid. Is that possible?
    A bit confusing that all is fine on debugging site with that plugin activated and part of library code also removed but not on main site.
    Any new thoughts?

Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We just checked the home page and don’t see any problems there. But the error on a product page is not caused by the library you have removed. You can check it by placing removed code back. You will see that there are no any difference.

Also, you can try to enable default WordPress theme and check the JS console for this error to see if it is our theme error or not.

Regards

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

We enabled default theme, I don’t see that particular error in the console.
    Please check the attached image, I hope I looked at the right place.

The interesting thing is that on a default theme everything looks fine, product thumbnails are nice and horizontal like they should be and the plugin works perfectly without any hiccups.

For the carousel issue, my partner says that what you see right now on the home page is image gallery that he created afterwards, not a carousel. He says that creating carousel from composer is not working anymore since the carousel disappeared from home page.

Ivy

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ok, we think that the fastest way to solve this problem would review your files via FTP and fix everything ourselves. Could you please provide us your FTP access?

Kind Regards

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

Sure, thank you so much!

Ivy

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

The error exists even with default theme and breaks some functionality.

Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We investigated also that this error caused by PitchPrint plugin. And you have outdated files of our theme. Please, update to the latest version to make a thumbnails gallery work correctly.

IvyK
    Participant

Wordpress is not indicating there is a theme update available. How do we manually update the theme safely?

Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can download the latest version on themeforest. We recommend you to use “Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades” plugin to update existing plugins and themes, including our own theme. With this tool you need to just upload new archive via Appearance -> Themes -> Add new and it will replace your existing files.

Regards

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

We downloaded the plugin you suggested but we get internal server error.
    Can you tell us what files/folders were changed so we can upload only those ones?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

There are to much files were changed from 2.4 version so we can’t provide you with an exact list. You need to replace all of them.

IvyK
    Participant

We updated the theme but problem with thumbnails is still there, even with the plugin turned off.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Did you make any changes in basel/woocommerce/product-thumbnails.php file? Have you changed your FTP password so we can’t connect now?

IvyK
    Participant

No, we didn’t make any changes to thumbnails.php file.
    I attached FTP password.

IvyK
    Participant

Well, in meanwhile, my partner went in and changed thumbnail php to the latest version. We have no thumbnails now.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hm.. we are a bit confused now. How is it possible if you did update the theme to the latest version? It means that some files are still outdated? Could you please update all files and folders without exception.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Be sure that “libraries.js” file is updated also.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)