Home Forums WoodMart support forum Theme conflict with Borlabs Cookies (buffering problem)

Theme conflict with Borlabs Cookies (buffering problem)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

getimo
    Participant

Hello,

we use Borlabs Cookie to stay compliant with EU laws. There is a conflict with the theme. The script blocker of Borlabs Cookie is not able to block the Google Analytics Script wich comes from the Woocommerce Google Analytics Pro Plugin.

The developer of Borlabs says that the theme causes a conflict:

It’s the theme, that does something wrong with the buffering. Please contact the theme manufacturer.

Could you verify this buffering problem? And is there a solution? We are not safe now because the Google Analytics code loads with user consent.

Kind regards
    Thomas

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?
    And what exactly do you mean by something wrong with the buffering?

Regards

getimo
    Participant

I can verify that the issue is resolved when another theme is used. I don’t know what the developer of Borlabs means with that buffering thing. I can only say that the script blocking does work when the theme is changed to another theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, please, describe us step by step how to reproduce the problem. Keep the default theme and send us your admin access so we can compare how it works.

getimo
    Participant

See private field

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We just tested with WoodMart and it works correctly https://gyazo.com/e225e9c3afc1dac174dc90615ebed229

getimo
    Participant

That’s weird! On the live site the problems still exists. I changed it to the standard theme and back, too, but the problems still exists.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

When we test the live website it works correctly too https://gyazo.com/915ef73f54d805931dadbc9e49e0449e

getimo
    Participant

For me it looks like this (in fresh inkognito tab):

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We have checked on different devices and it always works correctly. We don’t know how our theme may influence this functionality.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)