Home Forums Basel support forum Theme interference with Yoast analysis

Theme interference with Yoast analysis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jackbanister
    Participant

Hi there,
    Firstly thanks for all the previous assistance, you’ve been extremely helpful!

Currently I’m working on my SEO with Yoast and things are going pretty well apart from this ‘The focus keyword doesn’t appear in the first paragraph of the copy.’- even though it does. I’ve done a little troubleshooting and have come across a couple of things suggesting there may be a problem with the theme interfering with Yoasts analysis ability making it unable to detect the keyword in this case.

So I’m just a little concerned that I’m doing something wrong and my relevant keywords and copy aren’t detected or something.

As always any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jack

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, describe us your problems in a bit more details. Attach some screenshots and provide us a list of steps how to reproduce it on your website.

Thank you in advance.

jackbanister
    Participant

Ok, sure. Well, as I open a product up to edit with the task of tightening up the SEO and making sure I’ve included my keywords etc, it comes up with ‘The focus keyword doesn’t appear in the first paragraph of the copy. Make sure the topic is clear immediately’ in the Yoast ‘problems’ section (as shown in the screenshot). Also, say for this particular product ‘Griffin Pediment’, my keyword is ‘carved pediment’, and it does appear in the first paragraph of the product copy but Yoast says that it doesn’t…

So I’m just checking up that Yoast is reading my product text properly, because at the moment it only seems to be picking up on the meta description and the title of the product and the images of the product.

Hope that makes sense, I’m finding it a little tricky to word as I’m quite unfamiliar with this side of SEO.

Many thanks,
    Jack

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

jackbanister
    Participant

Hi Artem, with some fiddling around I’ve resolved this. It ended up being a basic error on my part :\

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you sorted it out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Theme interference with Yoast analysis’ is closed to new replies.