Home Forums WoodMart support forum Theme settings / specific pages unresponsive after updating server to PHP 8.1

Theme settings / specific pages unresponsive after updating server to PHP 8.1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

daniels
    Participant

Our server was running on PHP 7.4, but because the version is being deprecated, we had to update our main server to PHP 8.1 and now after the update, the WoodMart theme settings page in /wp-admin is completely unresponsive on one of the sites hosted on this server. I managed to generate a critical error when trying to interact with it, but I’d prefer not to share the debug information here publicly.

The front end of the website seemed to be running alright, except there’s now a strange issue with a couple of specific product pages also being unresponsive. The variant pictures aren’t loading, selecting a variant has no response, enlarging the image or playing a video doesn’t work and when clicking on the review count, there’s no response (e.g. it doesn’t go down to the review section and open it). Because of the variant selector not working these products also can’t be added to the cart.

Hello,

As soon as you update the PHP to 8.1.13 please check and deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Slider Revolution
    WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

In case, the problem remains, even after all the plugins are deactivated, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

daniels
    Participant

Hi, Elise

Thanks for your reply!

Sorry for the inaccuracy, but please note that we upgraded from PHP 7.3, not 7.4! Because your suggested PHP 8.1.13 is not a version that our server host offers by default, I reached out to their support team about this issue. They confirmed to me that version 7.3 is getting deprecated, not 7.4 and that it was safe to downgrade from 8.1 to 7.4 if it would solve any issues.

We tested it out and it seems to have resolved the unresponsive theme settings panel in /wp-admin, but problems with some of the product pages still persist. We tried deactivating all the plugins except for those required by WoodMart and the pages were still unresponsive. Checking out the inspector console in Chrome shows a lot of JavaScript errors, that are not there on pages that load normally. When activating a default theme, everything was working fine, so we have concluded that it’s a problem with WoodMart.

I have added a transcript of my conversation with our server host about this issue with the information we concluded. I have also provided you with temporary login credentials for our store.

Hope you’re able to investigate and help us solve this issue. Let me know if you need any additional details from our side.

Hello,

Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

Please, confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, and switching to the parent theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

daniels
    Participant

I have included all the stated information in the private information section of my previous reply. Confirming permission for temporary plugin deactivation, although I’ve already performed this test.

Hello,

Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

Best Regards

daniels
    Participant

I’ve inserted it once again.

daniels
    Participant

Hello,

Please try to set PHP 8.1, now you have 7.4 and provide FTP access our developers would check deeper.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

daniels
    Participant

We tried setting PHP back to 8.1, in order for you to investigate, but it is now causing a site-wide critical error, and it is completely inaccessible. We have downgraded back down to PHP 7.4. We are okay with staying on this version, as long as you help us resolve the issues with the theme.

I have provided you with temporary login credentials for our store, as well as FTP access in the private content section of this reply. Let me know if you need any additional details from our side. Thank you for your help!

daniels
    Participant

Letting you know that the issues seem to have been solved by using PHP 7.4 and increasing the memory limit. You may close the ticket if you don’t notice any other issues with your theme on our website.

Hello,

Our developers viewed the PHP logs and there is no errors.

Cpanel access is not valid.

Please enable PHP 8.1. and enable Storefront and check how it works. If the problem appears on WoodMart only, please provide valid Cpanel access so that we could change PHP version and check.

Best Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)