Home Forums Basel support forum Theme Speed

Theme Speed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pursehuit
    Participant

Hi!
    What plugins and cache do you use for the demo?
    For the home page I saw a 1.78s load time and a very big page size of 3.4 MB.
    Our shop I can’t reduce the load time under 2 secs despite the fact that the home page has only 2mb.
    And how did you succed to have a great grade on the Combine External Javascript and CSS?
    Thx!

pilardcisneros
    Participant

Mine is super slow too.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

On our demo site we are using WP Super Cache plugins for cache and Better WordPress Minify for combining all static resources like JS and CSS.

Kind Regards

pursehuit
    Participant

Hi,
    Do you recommend using WP Super Cache + Better Minify for better results?
    The reason why i’m asking you this things is because after we move to your theme, using exactly same plugins and config (with some plugins deactivated also), we noticed a very big change in bounce rate from exactly same sources, without changing anything on Facebook Ads (same campaigns). This is the only channel we advertise.
    So the bouce rate increased from 40-50% to over 60% wich I guess drove to fewer conversions and I assume this is because of that extra second or 2 for loading the site… I don’t know, I’m trying to investigate the change wich is very big for us.
    What do you think?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, we understand your problem. We suggest you set up cache and minification mechanisms and check your performance. It will definitely help you.

Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)