Home Forums WoodMart support forum theme update-includes a lot of troubles

theme update-includes a lot of troubles

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

projektweiss
    Participant

hi there, I’m in the middle of an important project and we updated woodmart as told, following your instructions but now we have a lot of troubles. e.g. elementor does not work proberly anymore. finished sites and there settings’ve changed and we can’t change them cause we don’t get the possibility to do so. Just a little example, buttons in our site can’t be customized the way we were able before the update, in the footer colums disapeard, in the main menü, navbar the way subcategories are shown changed and we can’t change it back, the settings in headerbuilder are still the same but it doesn’t show my subcategories underlined. Also the navigation wasn’t center anymore after the update, we were able to change that back. most of the internal links of our site were changed or just not there anymore. font size in may main texts changed to, to a terrible way of style even though the settings in elementor are the same as before. just to mention a few troubles, please help, we need to finish our website soon. we also can’t insert e.g.a picture to our shop page full width, we can’t insert any picture or different header to our shop and categories pages…..thanks christine

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have checked your website but don’t see any problems. Could you please write a few examples one by one and attach some screenshots for a better explanation? Also, provide us with your admin access.

Kind Regards

projektweiss
    Participant

Hi there,

Font looks different even though the parameters in Elementor are the same. See old and new screenshot, the new one is hard to read, of course I can change the font size and so on, but then it looks also odd and doesn’t fit the style of my site.

In the footer the 3rd colum was not there anymore, we fixed that already.

Also most of the internal links where wrong or gone, we fixed that to.

But we have still Problems with Elementor e.g. we can’t edit our site the way we were able before the update, just one example, buttons.before I was able to use my global colors and now I only can switch between dark and light theme style, which I don’t want to use, I want it to use my preferences as before the update.

In the navebar, all my subcategories are now just green on hover not underlined and as far as I see it, the wrong color, my global green color code is #009353. In the theme header the setting is on underlined but it doesn’t show the subcategories underlined.

Just a few things😊 all kinds of small and not so small changes I don’t want.

Thanks, Christine

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. We have changed the way Google fonts are loaded in our theme. Prior to our 6.0 update, when you select any Google Font in our Typography settings, all its variations and font-weight are loaded on your website. We made it work this way to ensure absolute compatibility with all CSS rules on your website. But it is a bad approach in terms of performance. So now we load only 2 font weights by default: 400 and 700 or 300 and 600 (it depends on font). By doing this, we have reduced the number of font files loaded by 50-70% in different situations.

Note that you still can load any font-weight you need on your website. If you see that some font-weight is missed, just go to Theme Settings -> Typography or Advanced Typography and select the desired font-weight for some of the font groups.

2. The color for subcategories is set in Theme Settings -> Style & Colors -> Primary color https://prnt.sc/12r3uln
    They are not underlined because it requires an extra HTML tag to achieve this element. And since there are usually a huge number of menu items we decided to redesign it and remove this extra tag in terms of our performance optimization. So the underline style now applied to parent items only.

Could you please provide us a screenshot of the problem with buttons so we can better understand and check it?

Kind Regards

projektweiss
    Participant

hi there, most troubles e.g. buttons and font have been already fixed by me, but I still can’t get my old shop page appearence. I already customized the shop for my needs and fitting my website, including product categories and everything else related to it. I had all the widgets and so but now, I can’t even change a thing on the appearence of my shop page. the only thing I was able insert was my kategorien/categories. there are no products show on the left side after categories, there is no picture for the shop and I tried to rebuild it but it doesn’t work. please help me to fix this. this also counts for my category pages, where I can’t insert a picture for the hero section depending on the category, even full width for the shop page doesn’t work anymore, no matter where or how I try to fix it. I’m kind of frustrated right now. The theme does strange things at the moment. The answers from your support aren’t that much helpful so far. sorry, for being not that kind but it’s really frustrating at the moment.

Attachments:

projektweiss
    Participant

again hi there, I already answered to your request, see my reply here.

or read it here again: hi there, most troubles e.g. buttons and font have been already fixed by me, but I still can’t get my old shop page appearence. I already customized the shop for my needs and fitting my website, including product categories and everything else related to it. I had all the widgets and so but now, I can’t even change a thing on the appearence of my shop page. the only thing I was able insert was my kategorien/categories. there are no products show on the left side after categories, there is no picture for the shop and I tried to rebuild it but it doesn’t work. please help me to fix this. this also counts for my category pages, where I can’t insert a picture for the hero section depending on the category, even full width for the shop page doesn’t work anymore, no matter where or how I try to fix it. I’m kind of frustrated right now. The theme does strange things at the moment. The answers from your support aren’t that much helpful so far. sorry, for being not that kind but it’s really frustrating at the moment.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

As we can see, your shop page looks as per configuration in the dashboard. We have checked the widgets area and our theme settings and they both work well. What exactly can’t you configure on the shop page? Please, be more specific so we can better understand the problems. Write theme one-by-one. We would be glad to help you but we don’t understand the request yet.

Kind Regards

projektweiss
    Participant

hi, I want to look my shop page, only my shop page like this with my colors and fonts as the rest of my website, but without changes to the rest of my website. so far, I can’t even insert a picture for the hero section. I don’t know how to explain it any further, sorry.
    before the update it almost looked the way I wanted it to look like, now I was only able to inseret my kategorien/categories and a search field. I want to use kind of the look of demo shop with background or default shop, and I want my category pages also like the demo category pages of the two demo versions.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You have disabled the page title on the shop page in Dashboard -> Pages -> edit your shop page. From there, you can upload the page title image as well. It is not connected with the theme update. If it doesn’t help, please, provide us your admin access so we can check what is wrong.

Kind Regards

projektweiss
    Participant

hi, thanks for your fast reply. I tried that already but didn’t work.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We see that the Page title is disabled globally in Theme Settings -> Page title https://prnt.sc/12u4f6v

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)