Home Forums Basel support forum Tips for site performance.

Tips for site performance.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

yvo010
    Participant

Hi,
    I used the plugin: wp-rocket.
    But that seems to be a problem for the cart etc.
    So i turned it off but the site is not very quick..

Maybe you have suggestions to speed up my webshop?

Thanks

yvo010
    Participant

Another question.
    Is it possible to get my dropdown menu in another style?

yvo010
    Participant

And sorry. I forgot one question.

When i add things to my cart and close my browser, and go back to my website, on the minicart it says €0,00..
    Can you help fixing that?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. On our demo we used WP Super Cache and Better WordPress minify plugins for optimization.

2. You can choose full width design for your menu items dropdowns in Appearance -> Menus.

3. Could you please check how it works with default WordPress theme?

Regards

yvo010
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for your answer!

I cant do that, because i am live right now..
    Is there another way to solve it

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Maybe it is an issue with your browser and when you close it the cookies are erased and it is not our theme issue. Need to check this issue first.

yvo010
    Participant

Hi,
    Realy Thanks for the great support!

I have one more thinng, every time I update My theme or a plug-in, the translations are gone.. is there a way to update Without losing this?

Thanks!

yvo010
    Participant

And is there a way to get the quickshop function When a customer click on the cart icon on the shop page? I realy like that function.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. Your translation files should be stored in the folder wp-content/languages/themes to keep them after the update.

2. You can enable quick shop hover effect in Theme Settings -> Shop.

yvo010
    Participant

1: Thanks for the tip. Does this also work for plug-in translations ?
    2: is it also possible that the quick shop Will start When I click on ADD to cart icon? I dont like the big ‘quick shop’ button

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. Yes, plugins translations too.

2. Could you please provide some screenshot for better understanding?

yvo010
    Participant

ok,
    when I click on: https://ibb.co/h2gMv6
    i want to see this: https://ibb.co/jSWMv6
    In stead off go to the product page.
    Do you know what I mean? I really hope it is possible

thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but it is not possible for this hover effect. It can work in that way only with “Quick shop” hover.

yvo010
    Participant

Thanks for the responses.

Can you tell me one last thing.
    I am afraid that if I turn on the WP Super Cache and Better WordPress minify plugin that the site will work not well again..

It happend me also with the WP Rocket plugin.

Can you tell me which settings I need to fill in by the plugins ? ( WP Super Cache and Better WordPress minify)

Thanks 🙂

Vansaren
    Participant

@yvo010

– Check with your provider if they use some caching system for optimize wordpress hosting, if so, I would not suggest you to download another plugin, the result could be worst (personally tested on another hosting provider)

– I’ve found your website and used gtmetrix, if your hosting provider use a caching system, I would change provider because in my case I didn’t have a such a bad rating, nor on A2Hosting nor on Siteground which I would consider better than transip.

One of the reason ’cause I’ve bought Basel it’s right because the theme speed was performing better that themes like Flatsome and yet, to seriously test a them you should have all of theme on same server, same db and same traffic conditions.

Right now I’m on Cloudways, they use Breeze as caching plugin, it does not excite me in its reviews (there were other plugins I wanted to test) still I have to play with it and still I have to optimize my images, but I would not get back and def I would not choose transip.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

@Vansaren
    , thank you so much for sharing your experience here. Hope it will help other customers to create faster websites.

@yvo010
    , it should work correctly if you will activate these plugins. You will need to add jQuery library to the exception list in Better WordPress minify plugin. Also, add my account, cart, checkout and wishlist pages to exceptions in your cache plugin too.

Regards

yvo010
    Participant

Thanks i will try it tonight.

Another thing. Will this plugin work on the theme do you think?
    https://codecanyon.net/item/arg-multistep-checkout-for-woocommerce/18036216

And about the Translation files, I copied all .pot files to the folder you said before. Is it now safe to update a plugin ?
    thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We didn’t test our theme with this plugin.
    Be sure that your translation files are loaded from the folder wp-content/languages/ and then you can update plugins and themes without any worries.

Viktor
    Participant

Добрый день.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi @Victor,

We have already answered your question in your topic https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/theme-setup/

Regards

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)