Home Forums Basel support forum Title Tooltips Issue in Categories Menu (Shop page heading area)

Title Tooltips Issue in Categories Menu (Shop page heading area)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

KC
    Participant

Hi XTemos team – very well done creating such an excellent theme. I’ve worked with many and yours has quickly become a favorite.

Everything is going perfectly except for one thing: In the Categories Menu (in Page Heading area that shows below page title on shop pages), we would like to be able to Hide or Override the Title Tooltips that appear when hovering over a Category name/link. By default they show the category’s description.

The reason: as with many shops, it is important for us to be able to use the Description field for each Product Category. Some descriptions are not short enough to look good in a tooltip. Also, in our case, we need to use a shortcode in some category descriptions. That is because we need to show a widget (a Vehicle Part Finder/filter) that is important for only those category pages. (Our shop pages are full-width, with no sidebar.) Of course, the shortcode displays as-is in text form in the tooltip, and we wouldn’t want to show a snippet like that.

Perhaps this should go in your “Feature Requests” thread, but it’s something I hope you can help me with. Can we hide the tooltips for this Categories Menu specifically? If not, then is it possible for it to just use the category name (or something else) instead of its description? Similar to how in the Main Menus we are able to give each menu item/category link a custom title attribute. It would be awesome if we had an option like that for the Categories Menu links as well…

I greatly appreciate your support. Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello @KC,

Thank you so much for your comment.

Could you be so kind and provide your web-site URL because it is not quite clear what tooltip you are talking about? Or at lease some screenshot would be enough.

Thank you in advance

KC
    Participant

Of course. I will share a snapshot; the site is not live and I cannot share the web link.

In the image, I had to mock-up the tooltip that appears when hovering over the category name/link (because it disappeared too quickly for any screen capture).

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Now we see the problem. We will remove this title for categories link in the next update that will be available in just a few days. Thank you for the report 🙂

KC
    Participant

Thank you so much!! 🙂

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome, we are always happy to help you, write us when you have any difficulties or issues with our theme.

And we would be glad if you will rate our theme with 5 stars on themeforest in case you are satisfied with our theme and customer service http://themeforest.net/downloads

Thank you in advance 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Title Tooltips Issue in Categories Menu (Shop page heading area)’ is closed to new replies.