Home Forums WoodMart support forum Tooltip Error

Tooltip Error

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

PoliSafety IT
    Participant

Hello,

In Theme Settings – Product Styles if you have selected the “Icons on hover” selection, the following code is shown in the tooltip.
    Is there a way to hide the tooltip until this issue is resolved?

EDIT: To clarify, this happens only for the “Add to Cart” tooltip.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the third parties plugins not related to the theme and check the issue once more.

Best Regards

PoliSafety IT
    Participant

The issue is caused by the Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics code but this should not shown up in the tooltip.

PoliSafety IT
    Participant

I think I found the issue.
    Enhanced Google Analytics code is injected directly in the add to cart button so it can track when a customer adds a product to cart (see attached screenshot).
    But the theme instead of reading just the <a> or <span>; DOM element to get the tooltip text, it reads the whole button.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This code shouldn’t be added there but put somewhere in the footer instead.

PoliSafety IT
    Participant

I agree, neither the code should be there but nor the tooltip should read the whole button content.
    I believe it’s added there because the Enhanced Ecommerce code tracks several buttons and that resolves any possible conflicts.
    The plugin is published by the Woocommerce team. You can speak to them directly if you think the it’s their issue to resolve.

At the moment is there a work around?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to contact plugins developers for help in this situation. They should use wp_add_inline_script to place the script to the footer. Unfortunately, we can’t change how the tooltips work there.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)