Home Forums WoodMart support forum Translate file on Child-theme folder

Translate file on Child-theme folder

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rafael
    Participant

Hello, I installed the translation files in the child theme folder but the translation keeps reading and working when I translate the .po file from the parent theme folder, this way when I update the template, I will lose the translations, there is some configuration to read the translation in the child folder?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Please translate the parent theme. You need to select the proper place to save the file not to loose the translation on every update. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Please check the video tutorial to see how to save the translation file correctly. You can remove the plugin and translations would remain. Also, translations would remain after each theme update.

In order to translate the WooCommerce strings, you need to create a separate translation in Loco > Plugins > WooCommerce in the same way as shown in the video.

Best Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)