Home Forums Basel support forum Translation

Translation

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Oscar
    Participant

Hi there
    I could translate po file in theme/basel/language
    so it worked for the most of the site
    But as you can see on the left side bar where the search products, filter etc section I couldnt translate it because I couldnt find the po file for it. I thought its to do with woocommerce so I translated po filesin these folders:
    wp-content/languages/plugins
    wp-content/languages
    but didnt work
    Where is the po file for that section please?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please specify which words exactly you can’t translate? As we can see, you are using WooCommerce and our theme widgets there and you should be able to translate them with POT files too.

Kind Regards

Oscar
    Participant

Please see my site and see the left section. In order these words:
    BROWSE CATEGORİES
    SEARCH PRODUCTS
    Search for products
    PRİCE FİLTER
    All
    SORT BY
    Popularity
    Average rating
    Newness
    Price: low to high
    Price: high to low

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Almost everything from the list should be translated via POT file. Did you try to find them there?

Oscar
    Participant

Here is the list of po files (there is no pot file) (why there are so many po files in different folders???!! I understand one of them is for WP core, one for basel, one for woo, but why there are 2 for woo?):

wp-content/languages/plugins/woocommerce-tr_TR.po
    wp-content/languages/plugins/woocommerce-tr_TR.mo

wp-content/languages/themes/plugins/woocommerce-tr_TR.po
    wp-content/languages/themes/plugins/woocommerce-tr_TR.mo

wp-content/themes/basel/languages/tr_TR.po
    wp-content/themes/basel/languages/tr_TR.mo

wp-content/languages/tr_TR.po
    wp-content/languages/tr_TR.mo

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t know why you have so much po files. You need to check which ones are not used and remove them.

Oscar
    Participant

But I downloaded your files from themeforest, I didnt add any other file. Only I installed woocommerce thats all. Which folder po shouldnt be there? Please have a look your system and tell me so I delete that folder or po files. I tested words many times and I cant find which po is useless.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Our theme has only default PO files in the folder basel/languages. All other files were generated by Loco Translate files. We don’t know your configuration so you need to check which files are used on your installation and delete not required files. You can check it editing some of them and see if changes are applied or not.

Oscar
    Participant

Thanx
    but I dont have, and never had Loco Translate

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, we don’t know where did you get them. If you will take a look into our theme files you will see that it doesn’t have these files.

Oscar
    Participant

Strange, I only installed basel and woocommerce

Oscar
    Participant

Anyway I try to find solution myself.
    BTW what is the best performance cache plugin for your theme?
    And what are your recommandations list to make basel site faster?
    thanx

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Personally, we use WP Super Cache plugin for our demo. We also suggest you to use CDN and Better WordPress minify plugin for your CSS & JS files.

Regards

Oscar
    Participant

thank you

Oscar
    Participant

Hi there as you know some themes put their language po file into
    \wp-content\languages\themes
    this folder.
    So if I move your basel\languages\ po file to this folder:
    I dont need to update this file after each theme update. ( I dont want to use child theme)
    So for the basel language po file can it be achieved by editin base path on top of po file?
    Can you please tell me how? Thanx

# Copyright (C) 2015 XTemos
    # This file is distributed under the GNU General Public License v2 or later.
    msgid “”
    msgstr “”
    “Project-Id-Version: Basel 1.0\n”
    “Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: https://wordpress.org/support/theme/style\n”
    “POT-Creation-Date: 2017-10-01 10:48+0300\n”
    “PO-Revision-Date: 2017-10-01 13:44+0300\n”
    “Last-Translator: \n”
    “Language-Team: \n”
    “Language: tr_TR\n”
    “MIME-Version: 1.0\n”
    “Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\n”
    “Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\n”
    “X-Generator: Poedit 1.8\n”
    “X-Poedit-KeywordsList: __;_e;_x:1,2c;_ex:1,2c;_n:1,2;_nx:1,2,4c;_n_noop:1,2;”
    “_nx_noop:1,2,3c;esc_attr__;esc_html__;esc_attr_e;esc_html_e;esc_attr_x:1,2c;”
    “esc_html_x:1,2c\n”
    “Plural-Forms: nplurals=1; plural=0;\n”
    “X-Poedit-SourceCharset: UTF-8\n”
    “X-Poedit-Basepath: ..\n”
    “X-Textdomain-Support: yes\n”
    “X-Poedit-SearchPath-0: .\n”
    “X-Poedit-SearchPathExcluded-0: js\n”
    “X-Poedit-SearchPathExcluded-1: sass\n”

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s correct. Usually, we suggest using Loco Translate plugin for handling translations files.

Regards

Oscar
    Participant

But I asked this question above: So how am I gonna move the basel po file into

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we got your question. We said that the best way to do this is to use Loco Translate plugin. Or you can do it manually via FTP.

Oscar
    Participant

ı DONT WANNA USE loCO
    I can easily move on ftp
    but how
    it doesnt work just by changing the folders
    po file needs to be edited in a notepad++ or something like that edit program to modify where the po is so your theme and system can look it up.
    So please create a sample po file with only 2 translation lines in it using your loco and move it to \wp-content\languages\themes. So I can edit that file add more words in it.
    BTW the WP codex and many sites says the best way to keep language files \wp-content\languages\themes so its faster and people dont have to use cild theme otherwise each theme update updates the po files’s folder.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, you are right about the location of the file. So you can create the translation file with Poedit software as described in WordPress tutorials and move it to any place you want.

Oscar
    Participant

I asked a very simple question. I said why your theme’s language file is in
    wp-content/theme/basel/language folder
    instead of:
    wp-content/languages/themes folder
    WP codez and every other themes use wp-content/languages/themes folder
    Why because in that case people dont have to use child theme. Each theme update doesnt effect this folder: wp-content/languages/themes
    So I kindly asked for a pot or po file which has a correct path in it.
    We use like whole world, POedit, not Loco Moco
    And if you edit your file in po edit you will see the path is different.
    So I kindly asked please edit or create your pot or po file with the correct strong>wp-content/languages/themes path so I can use it. But it took 3 days you dont help. Till now you very helpful (if it is strictly based on your theme files not even wp super cache ht access configurations etc to make theme faster, even other theme developer support people put documents for those kind of things too and plus they help out on support forum)
    Anyway till now I recommended your theme and fairly ok support you give but maybe it is because weekend or something else or maybe a tech person’s mood, its taking 3 days for this simple but VERY important problem for me. Not only English speaking people will buy and use your theme for only English speaking customers. Please see jpg, its PO edit software to edit your po file, that path should be what please create a po file or pot file of yours with this correct path please so you can give me the link to download, then I can edit the each words to translate.
    THANX

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It is a kind of misunderstanding and we try our best to help you. WordPress translation is one and the same process for all themes, plugins and our Basel is not an exception.

I asked a very simple question. I said why your theme’s language file is in
    wp-content/theme/basel/language folder
    instead of:
    wp-content/languages/themes folder

We understood your question and wanted to give you the instruction how to achieve this. The problem is that we can’t place our PO files to the folder that is outside our theme folder. Our theme, as well as all other theme on themeforest, can be installed via WordPress -> Appearance -> Themes -> Add new. And this interface can’t place any files to the folder wp-content/languages/. It upload files only to wp-content/themes/basel. And that is why our default files for translation are located there. So you just need to create your own translation files and move it to the place you want. In this case to wp-content/languages/themes

So our question is: do you want us to connect to your website and move our theme PO files to the folder you need?

Regarding POedit. You don’t need to generate a translation files from our sources. You just need to create a new translation for example it_IT.po and save it to your wp-content/languages/themes folder.

And we don’t understand why you simply don’t want to use Loco Translate plugin. As you can from our video tutorial it will take 2 minutes to create PO translation and translate your words.

Oscar
    Participant

I m saying
    I moved your pot file into that wp language folder
    and your theme and system doesnt see it
    when its basel/language folder all translation works perfectly
    but it doesnt work in language/themes folder
    And for people want to move to that folder you could write some instructions (without Loco)
    for example I moved it but it seems its not a just simple move file from one folder to another folder process, it needs one line in it to path.
    Actually I m helping you out more than you help me out to show you what most people want from themes.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we understand. Please, provide your admin and FTP access so we can check what is wrong here.

Thank you

Oscar
    Participant

I solved it myself
    And it has nothing to do with Loco or moving your file into the right folder. Its totally something different and very very simple 10 seconds solution.
    Thanx but not for this issue for the old times. You can close this ticket.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

So what was the problem? Could you post your solution here?

Oscar
    Participant

Just rename the file:
    instead > wp-content/languages/themes/it_IT.po
    this > wp-content/languages/themes/basel-it_IT.po

also see below

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you for posting your solution here. We didn’t have a chance to check it on your website directly that is why we didn’t know that the problem was in the file names.

We will take into account your suggestions regarding our support and our theme in general. Thank you.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)