Home Forums WoodMart support forum Translation issues

Translation issues

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

allspy
    Participant

Hello,

I’m facing several issues translating HTML blocks.

1 – I’ve tried to translate the block directly via normal WPML translation, but doing this, the translated HTML block ID is different and when select a different language on front-office the translated version of the HTML block is not showed.

2 – I’ve made a text translated a part of the HTML block using string translation, but even this way when select a different language on front-office the translated strings are not showed, user keeps seying the information in the original language.

3 – This also happens with the newsletter subscription pop-up, I’m unable to translate it.

Please let me know what shall I do, because pre-footer & footer are both build using HTML blocks, site is in 3 languages and I need to properly display information.

Thanks

Hello,

You need to create two or as menu HTML blocks as languages required.

Navigate to WPML > String Translation > Choose the admin_text_woodmart_option from the dropdown and find the title and the content block http://prntscr.com/lx5qpz

If you cannot find, please provide your site admin access as well as shortcode of the HTML you want to translate and the location where it is added.

Best Regards

allspy
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your help, however ther’s one HTML block that is not appearing [html_block id="1744"]

Also on Portuguese language, the last submenu drop-down background is dark and I just can’t figger out how to edit it and have the same color as the others submenu drop-down.

Thanks

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access so that we could check.

Best Regards

allspy
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve notice that also other HTML block is not being showed on WPML strings translations. Until now, [html_block id="1744"] & [html_block id="259"] do not appear.

On other quuestion, where do I change the default header image, and how do I activate it to appear in all languages and in all pages.

Sending the login details below.

Thanks

Hello,

The instruction provided above is applied to HTML blocks which are added into the Theme Settings. I have checked and see that [html_block id="1744"] is the HTML widget in the Footer column. Such HTML is added in a different way, please have a look at the screen: https://gyazo.com/f6a0a3f051748d58f219443171853bd5

You add three widgets, choose each translation and set the language accordingly.

Best Regards

allspy
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have a few more questions:

1 – Can’t translate the phrase that appears up the logo ”
    A SUA LOJA ONLINE DE CUTELARIA PROFISSIONAL”

2 – On the portuguese version, the background of the last submenu item is black, and I need to edit it in order to have the same background color as the rest of the menu.

I’m sending a print.

Thanks

allspy
    Participant

The print

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

body .item-event-hover:hover>.sub-menu-dropdown,
    body .menu-simple-dropdown li {
    	background-color:white;
    }
    body .vertical-navigation .menu-simple-dropdown .color-scheme-light li a{
    color:#777777;
    }

Please read and follow the instructions on how to translate the header in WPML https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/translate-header-wpml/

Best Regards

allspy
    Participant

Thank you, however it is not making the same effect as the rest of the sebmenus items on the menu.

When mouse hover the background does not turns darker and the text becomes white and impossible to see.

Hello,

Please clean the browser cache as well as the cache on your site. Here is how it should work https://prnt.sc/pl5rz5

Best Regards

allspy
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, I have my browser cache clean, and also I’ve checked on a different browser. The issue I’m reporting is on mouse hover.

Plesa echeck this video: https://nimb.ws/YlBrQU

Can you please test it on your side?

Thanks

Hello,

body .vertical-navigation .menu-simple-dropdown .color-scheme-light li a:hover{
    color:#777777;
    }

The text would not get white on hover.

Best Regards

allspy
    Participant

Thank you, but the on-hover background don’t work on this submenu as it works on the other submenu items of the same menu.

Can you please take a look?

Thanks

Hello,

Please provide the screen what you mean?

Best Regards

allspy
    Participant

Hello,

body .menu-simple-dropdown .sub-menu-dropdown{
    padding:0;
    }
    body .vertical-navigation .menu-simple-dropdown .color-scheme-light li a {
       border-bottom:2px solid #f6f6f6;
    }
    body .vertical-navigation .menu-simple-dropdown .color-scheme-light li a:hover {
       background-color:#f9f9f9;
    }

Best Regards

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)