Home Forums WoodMart support forum Translation My Account and Social Media links

Translation My Account and Social Media links

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Anne
    Participant

Hi,

I have a website in Dutch and English (using WPML). Dutch is the main language.

Problem #1:
    When I’m on the English website and I go to the “My Account” icon on the top left, it takes me to the Dutch page. Which is strange because I did translate the My Account page to English.

Problem #2:
    I have 2 social media icons in the top bar (Facebook & Instagram). Is there a way to “translate” the links? Meaning: on the Dutch website it will link to our Dutch Facebook page and on the English website it will link to our English page?

Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

Please share the WP admin login details of your site so I will check and give you a possible solution.

Thanks.

Anne
    Participant

Done

Hello,

Your given login details are not correct. Please share the correct login details of your site.

Best regards.

Anne
    Participant

I changed the password and tested it, it should work now.

Anne
    Participant

Today I noticed someone from Xtemos logged in to my website and the setting at WPML > Languages were changed. It was set to “Different languages in directories” instead of “A different domain per language”. This means all URLs to my English website have not been working today.
    I have no problem sending Xtemos the login details, but please don’t make changes to my website without telling me!
    (I provided these details in 2 open topics, I don’t know which moderator did this)

Hello,

Yes, I have changed the settings to debug the issue, you can do it not as per your requirements.

And also, please share the FTP login details of your site so I will check and solve the issue for you.

Best Regards.

Anne
    Participant

I’m not sure what you mean…
    I have no problem with you debugging but if the changed settings don’t fix the problem I would like the setting be put back like it was so my website isn’t broken. I’ve now changed the setting back to how it was so my English URL is accessible again.
    Were you able to find out how to solve the 2 problems I mentioned in my first post?

Hello,

Yes, for those issues, I need the FTP login details to solve them.

Best Regards.

Anne
    Participant

Ok, I will give the FTP details. Please let met know how I solve the issue myself (by ftp?) because I want to add another language and need to change it there too.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have fixed my account issue. As for the social buttons, we have fixed this too. Now you should be able to translate them as per the screenshot https://monosnap.com/file/dyp1354J5dEvhMnNA7CQWJevbRFkBg

Kind Regards

Anne
    Participant

Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are always welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Translation My Account and Social Media links’ is closed to new replies.