Home Forums Basel support forum Translation Product Attributes – Switches not inherited

Translation Product Attributes – Switches not inherited

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

criadura
    Participant

Hi
    I purchased the theme some days ago and I found the solution to almost all my struggles either here or by the theme comments. However I have below problems to report to you:
    1. If I translate product attributes like sizes and colors then the checkbox enable swatches and the swatch colour will not be inherited. we have 5 languages and it is a problem to maintain all these fields to all colors and sizes one by one.
    2. The wishlist on Iphone6 and Samsung Note is not responsive, the last column displayed is the stock status and here too no item tumbnail photo
    3. The product photo tumbnail on the cart page on Iphone6 and Samsung Note is not displayed.
    4. The product compare is not responsive at all
    The responsiveness issues are also visible on your demo page.
    I appreciate your kind advise/corrections. Thanks, Criadura

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our theme and contacting us.

1. Unfortunately, we can’t change the situation here and you need to translate all terms values to all languages. We will try to rework how our swatches work to fix this issue in the future. But for now, we don’t have a quick solution for you.

2 & 3. Yes, we removed thumbnail photo on mobile devices because then the table can’t fit the space well.

4. It is responsive but doesn’t look well. We will try to improve it in future updates for sure.

Thank you so much for all your observations. They are very valuable for us.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

criadura
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your rapid feedback. Point 1 is really must have for international shops.
    I would need to add the swatch colours more than 200 times manually because we have many colours and 5 languages. I would need this feature until ca. middle of March to go live with the shop efficiently.
    I tried an alternative solution: the plugin WooCommerce Variation Swatches and Photos can handle to inherit swatches and other properties on product attributes between languages, the swatches will also be displayed in the theme but with square swatches (maybe it would be possible to customize with CSS). The problem here is that the Basel theme Shop Filter Widget unfortunately doesn’t support the standard Woocommerce swatches plugin so the swatches don’t show in the filter next to the colours. It would be an alternative solution for you to make your Shop Filter compatible with Woocommerce Swatches plugin. I can provide you the plugin zip File if you wish.
    I hope you will find a solution for my problem and make Basel theme really a hammer.

I hightly appreciate your feedback.
    Thanks,
    Criadura

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, provide your FTP access and install child theme. We will try to make a few changes to make terms translatable. Note that current color values will be removed.

criadura
    Participant

Hi
    Thanks a lot.
    I have another struggle with putting the Woocommerce Multilingual currency switcher
    1. to the header menu after the language switcher( I used the plugin shortcode to menu but it looks awful). i need it in the menu so on mobile devices it goes to the navigation. top bar is not possible because it doesnt show on mobile devices at all so it must be in menu like language switcher
    2. to the Shop page (here it shows better but sticked with the page navigation (Home/shop). it would be nice to have toggle buttons nicely aligned
    3. to the footer before the language switcher flags (here i cannot center it i tried margin: auto etc in custom css but failed, plus it has white background)
    I would be grateful if u gave me tips how to handle it
    thanx

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We can’t connect your server with this FTP account.

Please, provide us some screenshots with problems with languages switcher so we could prepare some CSS tweak for you.

criadura
    Participant

Hi

The website is http://www.staging1.criadura.com/shop/ you can see and test the currency switcher there.
    I attached some screenshots.

thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We just need your FTP access now so we could connect your server using FileZilla. Now we get this error https://gyazo.com/177152a4d2e763bf2d9834559013231d

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add this code snippet to make WPML switchers look better

/* position shop */
    .page-description {
        position:relative;
        vertical-align: middle;
    }
    .page-description p {
        display:none;
    }
    .page-description img {
        position: absolute;
        left:-30px;
    }
    .shop-loop-head .woocommerce-breadcrumb {
        padding-left:20px;
    }
    /* position mobile navigation */
    .mobile-nav .wcml_currency_switcher {
        width: 100%;
        background-color: transparent;
        height: 51px;
        border: none;
        font-size: 16px;
        letter-spacing: 0.3px;
        color: rgba(255,255,255,.8);
        border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(92,92,92,.23);
        -webkit-appearance: none;
        -moz-appearance: none;
        appearance: none;
    }
    /* position footer */
    body .website-wrapper + .curr_list_horizontal {
        position:relative;
        width:100%;
        text-align:center;
        background-color:#263d26;
        margin-top: -5px!important;
        padding-bottom: 5px!important;
    }
    body .website-wrapper + .curr_list_horizontal li {
        float: none;
        display:inline-block;
        color:white;
    }
    body .website-wrapper + .curr_list_horizontal + img {
        display:none;
    }
    /* position main navigation */
    .main-nav  .wcml_currency_switcher {
        width:auto;
    }

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)