Home Forums Basel support forum Translation with Poedit

Translation with Poedit

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello

I have seen in your documentation that it was possible to translate the theme with Poedit. I have seen the .pot file.
    But…impossible for me to make Poedit work after download to my Mac.
    Then, I have tried to search the plugin directly with the Worpres research : I have thousand results…that have nothing to see withn Poedit.
    So, can you tell me exactly what I should do to get Basel in french ?
    Thanks for your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

The easiest way that we suggest you is to use Loco Translate plugin. We have video tutorial that will help you using this plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAFq1yTfWfU

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Xtemos

Before asking for your help, I tried yesterday with Loco Translate. I have tried again today with the help of the video*.
    First problem : the actual appearence is different from the video, maybe because of an update of Loco Translate.
    Second problem : if I go to “themes” in Loco T. and click on Basel, it tells me that there is no translation file found, although I have seen it with the FTP.
    If I click on the “advanced” button, there are different fields, and I don’t know what to write. Here is a screenshotscreenshot
    What should I do ?

*I understand cyrillic alphabet shows clearly the difference, but it makes process more difficult to catch for latin alphabet users.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it seems that Loco translate have been updated and we have to record a new video tutorial 🙁

But the new path that should work is Loco Translate -> Home -> click “See all themes” -> click “Basel” -> “New language”

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, it does not work. The message is :

Not fully configured
    This bundle may not work automatically with Loco Translate. Click the setup tab for more information.
    Basel (basel)
    New language Create template
    No translation files found

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Strange but it works on our development site. Could you reupload pot translations files and provide us your admin panel?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hum… I don’t understand what you mean : “admin panel”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does it help ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We meant just provide us access to your wordpress dashboard. But from your screenshot we already see one problem. You have uploaded “Basel Theme” folder to the themes/ folder but need to upload just ‘basel’ (that is inside “Basel Theme”). So it may the root of the problem. Try to fix firstly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Still does not work.

How can I provide to you access to the dashboard ? You mean giving password etc on this forum ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

oh ! OK I just discover the possibility of the private content : here are the connections informations.

Thanks very much for your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you but please provide your actual site URL also please 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am not sure you received my previous message so I send it again

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Okay so we created Franch translation for example and you can edit it in Dashboard -> Loco Translate -> Themes -> Basel

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, the gremlin inside my website does not want to obey…

Anonymous
    Inactive

For you have the access, if you have the solution, could you make the translation directly ? I think it would be more simple…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

At the moment we are a bit confused about the problem you. Translation is created and you need just to translate words and save it. What exactly is not working for you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh ! I did not understand that the text appearing in the field “not found” was the only text remaining not translated. I thought that “…it looks like nothing was found…etc…” was a message from Loco Translate ! Not obvious for a new WordPress user !
    So, OK, I translate the remaining sentences.
    Thanks for your patience. Hope I’ll be able to for forward by myself.
    Bye

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Oh, funny situation 🙂 No problem, feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Translation with Poedit’ is closed to new replies.