Home Forums WoodMart support forum Translations

Translations

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

olgaonline2020
    Participant

Hello,

Which practice is the best in translating everything into a different language as the default language of the website (Woodmart/Woocommerce/other plugins) other than English?

As far as I know, I always only install Loco Translate Plugin when I want to translate/change default language from English into another language,

and

Polylang Plugin and Loco Translate Plugin when I need to develop a bilingual website with a default and secondary language.

Thank you!

Hello,

If you want to make a multilingual site, you would better use WPML. It is 100% compatible with our theme. https://wpml.org/

Best Regards

olgaonline2020
    Participant

Hello Elise,

I will not create a multilingual site. I will create a single language site. I just need to change the default language from English to another language.

Can I accomplish that with Loco translate plugin only?

Thank you!

Hello,

No, Loco is not a multilingual plugin it just rewrites the string and does not create a translation.

Best Regards

olgaonline2020
    Participant

Hello,
    I started adding translations for Woodmart theme in Loco and they do appear on front end.

I have created two screenshots.
    Woocommerce is 100% translated as seen via Loco and its translations are displayed on front end.
    How can I translate the ‘cart’ element of the header, more specifically this: %s items. That string was added to the strings of woocommerce, after I synced Woocommerce in Loco and %s items is now added.

The issue is that its translation is not displayed in front end.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please synchronize the translation and try again. Disable or clear the cache on the site and in the browser.

Best Regards

olgaonline2020
    Participant

Hello,

I cleared all caches. I synced again, but unfortunately that translation did not display on frontend.

Thanks!

Hello,

Please provide the site admin access to the private area.

Best Regards

olgaonline2020
    Participant

Hello!

Hello,

Have a look at the screen https://gyazo.com/014dc6fad855cfdd49cda808b2fc36b6 and this one: https://prnt.sc/s5vagj

Then 2 seconds later the translation revert to “items”, then reload the site and it is “test2”

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme, check the issue.

Best Regards

olgaonline2020
    Participant

Good Morning,

The issue is solved.
    Thank you!

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Translations’ is closed to new replies.