Home Forums WoodMart support forum two questions

two questions

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Mamu
    Participant

private specific

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

I saw the screenshots you attached.

1) To Remove the products count from the categories in the shop page title you need to Go to Theme Settings >> Shop >> Sidebar & Page Title.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/rfkvFYX

Disable the option as in the screenshot.

2) The hover dropdown is displayed on the category which has sub categories under them.
    The dropdowns are displayed for the categories which have sub categories under them.

If you want to disable the dropdown you need to enable the option show current category ancestors from Theme Settings >> Shop >> Sidebar & Page title.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/r3b6pVR

Best Regards.

Mamu
    Participant

Thanks,

Mamu
    Participant

swatch

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. By default it has GMT timezone. You can connect it to your WordPress settings timezone by adding the following code to the functions.php file in the child theme

add_filter( 'woodmart_wp_timezone_element', '__return_true' );

2. You need to create a variable product with variations. Here is a video tutorial that will help you create variable products with variations swatches and add AJAX filters for them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TITlJ6Zg0so&index=2&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval

Regards

Mamu
    Participant

Can you please

Attachments:

Mamu
    Participant

I have another question

Mamu
    Participant

also when doing the variation

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are talking about the functions.php file in the child theme and you can see it only while editing your theme files using FTP like Filezilla for example. And be sure that you have enabled child theme before. https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/child-theme/

As for WooCommerce products management, we suggest you to read plugin’s documentation for all the instruction since it is not a part of the theme https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-products/

Regards

Mamu
    Participant

I am unable to enable child theme. I read the documentation, but cannot follow through. Can you please help me in creating the child theme and to input this code in it.
    add_filter( ‘woodmart_wp_timezone_element’, ‘__return_true’ );
    so that the time zone gets fixed.
    if you need log in info, please tell me which log in you require please let me know. Thanks
    arif

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

What problem do you have with the child theme?
    If you will put that code to the parent theme it will be overridden by the next update and you will lose all changes.

Mamu
    Participant

I tried to follow the link you provided below, but was not able to enable or create child theme. I have very little knowledge in coding language, as this link provide details on. Can you please help with enabling the child theme, so that the count down timer time gets fixed.

We are talking about the functions.php file in the child theme and you can see it only while editing your theme files using FTP like Filezilla for example. And be sure that you have enabled child theme before. https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/child-theme/

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The child theme installable archive can be found in the full package downloaded from ThemeForest. So you need to download it, install via Appearance -> Themes and then customize.

Mamu
    Participant

Finally was able to install the child theme. I am attaching the image of it. Do I need to activate it. After that where I need to go to place the code, because all this is all new to me. I will appreciate your detail guidance
    thanks
    arif

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, you need to activate it first. Then, open some file manager like FileZilla and connect to your server. Find the functions.php file in the child theme and put the code inside it after all the existing code there.

Mamu
    Participant

Whenever I am trying to activate child theme,
    the actual woodmart gets deactivated and only shows child theme activated. Can you tell me if I am doing something wrong.
    Please help I am trying since one week to add one code
    thanks
    Arif

Attachments:

Mamu
    Participant

Also where can I find this funtion file of child theme. I am attaching image of what I see in my hosting side.
    Can you please guide and help in this
    thank

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, when you activate the child theme the parent theme became deactivated in Appearance -> Themes.

You need to find the folder with the child theme in YOURWEBSITE_ROOT/wp-content/themes/woodmart-child/.
    If you don’t know your website root folder, you need to contact your hosting provider.

Mamu
    Participant

I just added the code in the child theme, I am attaching the screenshot, so you can see if I did this right.
    Is it correct?
    Now do I need to activate the parent theme again or leave the child theme active, what is the next step?
    so that the future updates does not mess up these settings.
    Thanks

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to keep the child theme active to keep this code. Then it will not be overridden by any update.

Mamu
    Participant

I m sorry just want to make sure, did I did it right on my last reply screenshot. if yes then I will be sure
    thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it is correct on the screenshot.

Mamu
    Participant

Thanks a lot
    arif

Mamu
    Participant

after putting the code. The time on the count down timer is still not correct. I am in US Central time zone. For example, I set a product on sale from today till tommorow end date. So right now is 1 am which means 23 hour should remain when the sale should end
    but instead it is showing 17 hour 43 min.
    So the code I placed in child theme do I need to add something to it???

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us this product link as well as your admin access.

Thank you

Mamu
    Participant

below

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we can’t access with this password https://gyazo.com/e8db8355d156cf122d3d1c56a8eab4bc

Mamu
    Participant

Please try

Mamu
    Participant

above

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We still can’t access your admin dashboard.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘two questions’ is closed to new replies.