Home Forums Basel support forum Unable to Edit Product Pages after Theme & WooCommerce Updates

Unable to Edit Product Pages after Theme & WooCommerce Updates

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Les
    Participant

Hello,

After updating WooCommerce to Version 3.0.4 and Basel theme to Version 3.1.4 I am unable to edit product pages. I receive this error when trying to edit any product – HTTP ERROR 500.

Also, the update has caused some changes to the styling. Related products are no longer displaying on the product page and I had fontawesome checkmarks instead of the default chevrons for the bulleted items below the product title. See attached.
    http://officialhairstore.com/product/brazilian-gray-body-wave-sew-in-hair-extensions/

On the home page, when rolling over a product, the hover state is larger than the image.
    http://officialhairstore.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Our theme update can’t cause error 500 in the admin panel. You can check it by switching to another theme.

2. Could you please also check does related products display with default WP theme? Is it caused by Basel?

3. As for hover, you simply need to increase images size in WooCommerce -> Settings -> Products -> Display.

Regards

Les
    Participant

Hello,

1. I checked with my hosting company and they said this is due to a recent issue with the latest version of Woocommerce. It is discussed at the link below. There is a fix posted at the end of the link but it did not work for me.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-uncaught-exception-exception-with-message-invalid-order/

Have you run across a fix for this?

Thank you,

Les

Les
    Participant

I discovered the issue was being caused by an outdated
    WooCommerce Amazon Payments Advanced Gateway plugin. I have since disabled and am now able to edit the product.

However, this update has also caused the theme’s layout to change on the product page and I can’t seem to get it back the way it was. The primary product photo is very large and the product thumbnails are below the image when they are suppose to be to the left of the image. Under Theme Settings, I tried selecting Left (vertical position) for the thumbnail position but still doesn’t work. You will also see that there is a lot of white space below the thumbnails to the next panel below. I am unsure what is causing this excessive white space but I’m thinking it is probably related to the issue above. Please see attached screenshot for image size and padding below thumbs before the update.

Please check.

Thanks!

Les

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We just checked your product page and see that product images are displayed with a help of some additional plugin. This view is not related to our theme. Please, check it.

Kind Regards

Les
    Participant

Aaah yes. The YITH Image zoom plugin was enabled from before the theme had built-in zoom functionality. Disabled and works well now.

Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)