Home Forums WoodMart support forum Universal Size Guide

Universal Size Guide

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Laser Art Australia
    Participant

Hi,
    We use a different size guide for every product on our site and I am trying to create a universal block or element that will show the size guide on the product page, but for the size guide already selected on the product so that I don’t have to manually select the size guide every time. I believe this is how the ‘size guide’ button works as it is universal on all product pages and calls the meta key “woodmart_sguide_select” to build the popup.

I am currently using the woodmart size guide element but selecting the guide on 200+ items is very time consuming.

Currently, I am using this in Raw HTML to show the size guide:
    [woodmart_size_guide id"15711" title="1" description="1"]
    I manually have to change the id to select the size guide to suit the product.

Is there a way to make the id use the value for the meta key woodmart_sguide_select?

For example:
    [meta_key=”woodmart_sguide_select”]

I know this can’t be done in HTML and is likely a javascript function however I am not a developer and have spent hours and hours trying to figure this out so please excuse my lack of knowledge for code.

If you have another solution or way to display a size guide on a product page without needing to select the size guide id manually, that would be amazing.

Looking forward to hearing from you, thank you in advance!

Sam

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

You would better assign the size guide to the product category/sub-category.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Laser Art Australia
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Unfortunately this is not an option as we have a different size guide for each individual product.

Laser Art Australia
    Participant

Would you mind exploring some options for us? We essentially just need the size guide to load on the page the same way the current button loads in a popup.

Thank you in advance,

Sam

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

As far as we understand, you want to have all products have different size guides, right? In this case, you have to select the size guide for each product anyway. How else the theme could know what size guide ID to show on the current product?

Kind Regards

Laser Art Australia
    Participant

Hi,

Yes that is correct. We have already set up an individual size guide per product and selected the size guide at the product level and this works great.

I don’t think you understand what we need. Let me explain.

We need an element or raw JS code that will display the already selected size guide on the page so that our customers do not need to click the ‘size guide’ button to view.

We already use the ‘size guide’ element that is available using WP Bakery however this requires us to choose the size guide to show meaning we cant use it universally as a block on a product page.

We need the size guide to display on the page, using the size guide already selected on the product page.

Hopefully this makes sense. Please re-read the above messages for context.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Sam

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, send us a link to such a product as well as your admin access so we can check and try to help you.

Kind Regards

Laser Art Australia
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you so much. See attached

Sam

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Now we got your point. We will review this and most likely add it in our next theme update. You will be able to set some kind of “current size guide” option that will grab the content for the current product.

Kind Regards

Laser Art Australia
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you have managed to sort this out and if we could expect this feature soon? We are waiting for this update so that we can progress with our website build as it is on hold until we can use this function.

Looking forward to your reply,

Sam

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have plans to add this in our next theme update. It is going to be released in 6-8 weeks.

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)