Home Forums WoodMart support forum Updat issue

Updat issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JuliaSan
    Participant

Hi,
    we have just updated to Woodmart 2.1 in our staging environment, and now the staging website shows only blank pages. We have added the license key and even deactivated all plugins that are not related to your theme and still empty. Can you please take a look?
    Before the update we were still checking the staging site, and it worked perfectly.
    The access information is in the private section.
    Thanks,
    Julia

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Hello,

Your issue is related to the custom code that you added to the header.php (https://image.prntscr.com/image/1pv7w9uTQEeWzTEJp5a1Dw.png) file that is located in your child theme. Try to remove custom code or disable child theme and check again.

Regards

JuliaSan
    Participant

Hi, okay, what I did is change the theme from child to parent (woodmart).
    Then the page is visible again. So I thought I simply replace the header.php of the child with the one from the the parent, but then I have the error message again…
    Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Julia

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

We checked your site again and found that your child theme header.php file has not changed since the last time. Please replace it with a header.php file from the parent theme.

Regards

JuliaSan
    Participant

Okay, thanks, this worked now – previously I replaced the one on the live environment and not on staging…. :S

Can I now add the Facebook pixel to this new header file?
    Thanks!

Eric Watson
    Participant

You are welcome! Yes, you can add Facebook pixel code.

Regards

JuliaSan
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the support.
    However, I would have an additional topic.
    Now that I am checking the site with the new version of the theme I see that in several sidebars the content has changed. For example the Shop Widget Area used to be the Category menu, and now it is the content of a sidebar that we used for another page.
    Can you please tell me how to reset that to the previous version?
    We had exactly the same topic after the previous theme update and it takes a couple of hours to scan the whole site and set the correct sidebars with the proper widgets manually each time.
    Thanks,
    Julia

Eric Watson
    Participant

The problem may occur when you switch between themes in Appearance -> Themes is that widgets may lose their positions. It is a WordPress behavior and we are not able to fix this in our theme scope. Now, you need to go to Appearance -> Widgets and move all widgets to appropriate positions.
    As a workaround, you can backup your widgets configurations using this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-importer-exporter/

Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)