Home Forums Basel support forum Update Breaks Site

Update Breaks Site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jenny-9525
    Participant

Hello!
    When we update to the latest version of Basel, our site breaks and takes the whole site down (White Screen of Death).

I have tried troubleshooting by turning off all plugins, and updating the theme, and everything points back to the theme update. Are you hearing this same thing from anyone else?

Please let me know what you need in order to help us with this issue.
    Thanks!!

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Please create a staging site, upload the recent version, then export-import the theme settings from your current site, and upload the content.

The main point is to check the version on the clear new WordPress installation.

Best Regards

jenny-9525
    Participant

You are saying I should recreate the whole site to see if it is WordPress causing the issue?
    The site is working fine otherwise, but when updating to the latest version of Basel it takes the site down.

Is this the only path forward? Since we paid for support, are you unwilling to login to the site if I gave you admin access?

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please, update the theme to the latest version and send us your admin and FTP access so we can check what is wrong there.

Kind Regards

jenny-9525
    Participant

Unfortunately, this is a live site that gets a lot of visitors. Since the update breaks the site, I am unable to do that. I was wondering if you could still take a look and see if there is something more obvious to you then me on what is going on or could be the conflict? I have included credentials in the extra info box.

Thank you so much!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In this case, you need to create a staging development copy of your website. There, you will be able to do such kind of experiments without any harm to your production website.

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)