Home Forums Basel support forum Update method

Update method

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello
    As recommended, I have installed “Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades”. But I have just seen in “editor” that my theme version is “Basel child 1.0.0”. I am not sure of whay I should do to update. I thought nothing has to be done because the plugin was managing the updates invisibly… And I don’t want to loose my customizations.

I don’t even see How I can reach the commands of the plugin.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

This plugin allows you easily update theme by uploading it as a new one via Appearance -> Themes -> add new.

And you don’t need to check “Basel child” theme version, we will never update it (it is created only for your custom changes, and we don’t want to break them).

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, when I ask for “Basel” into the search field, it does not appear…

So, I have downloaded Basel from Envato, and try to add Basel.zip . The wheel turns and turns… and nothing happens…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please specify where are you are trying to find Basel? What search form?

And what wheel turns and turns? Provide a bit more details so we could understand your problem better

Thank you

Anonymous
    Inactive

1/

Appearance -> Themes -> add new.

field “recherche parmi les themes” (search amongst the themes (??)) on the right side of the page.

2/ The usual little wheel of an ongoing action. I don’t know how I could explain better.
    I call the file “Basel.zip” from my desktop and then I click on “install”. And then, the wheels turns but never finishes the installation.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. This field is dedicated to find themes stored on wordpress.org repository. Our theme can be downloaded only from your account on ThemeForest -> Downloads.

2. We have just tried to update the theme and had success via Appearance -> Themes -> Add new. Now you have 2.5 installed on your website.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you very much ! So kind !

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

One more question : where can I check which version of Basel I am using ?
    (When I go to “edoteur” I only see the Basel child version°

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Go to Appearance -> Themes and click “Theme Details”

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks !

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are always welcome 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Update method’ is closed to new replies.