Home Forums Basel support forum Update Theme

Update Theme

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am trying to update my Basel theme and have seen the easiest way to do this is by setting up automatic updates with the product license. I have seen in previous posts that you can enter this via Dashboard > Basel > Theme License, however I do not have Basel listed under my Dashboard and cannot find it anywhere else.

Could you please advise?

Thanks

Hello,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes > enter the Basel theme and press “Update” If you run the child theme, update the parent.

Here you will find the detailed information on update and theme activation: https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/update-theme/

Best Regards

Hi,

I do not have the option to update when I go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes > Basel.

I am currently running Basel Version: 3.2.0, so there is definitely upgrades available, however I do not get the option to upgrade in WordPress.

As previously mentioned, I have tried to insert the purchase code to set up automatic updates but I do not have Basel listed under dashboard as it states in the link you provided, so cannot find anywhere to enter the theme license -https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/update-theme/

Could you please advise how I can set this up and update the theme?

Hello,

Make the full backup of your site and provide site admin access as well as FTP to the private area

Best Regards

To confirm are you requiring access to the backend of my wordpress site and hosting platform (Bluehost), if so could you please provide an email address to set this up?

Will you be updating the theme for me? If so I understand that we may lose some of the functions that we have edited within the theme setting where we have done some editing to the code, however I want to check that the update will not affect our Google Analytics and Facebook Pixels?

Thanks

Hello,

Usually updating the theme does not break the site, sometimes widgets may reset. In any case, we recommend to make the full backup of the site as the third party plugins and additional customization (if any) may change site behavior or become incompatible.

Usually admin access is enough, however, if your host has set the limitation on file size uploading, we may require FTP.

Here is the email: wrd@ukr.net

Best Regards

Hi,

Thank you, I have now set you up as an administrator in the backend of our website. We shouldn’t have any restrictions on file size uploading but if you encounter any problems just let me know and I can give you access to our FTP.

Please see private area for login details.

Kind regards

Hello,

The theme has been updated. Please check.

Best Regards

Hi,

Thank you very much for doing that, everything seems to be working fine.

Any issues I will let you know.

Kind regards

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)