Home Forums WoodMart support forum Update theme version 2.1 to 7.3

Update theme version 2.1 to 7.3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bettiesband
    Participant

Hello, I have an old version of Woodmart (v. 2.1) and I want to update to the latest version (v. 7.3). That’s possible? If I don’t update will I have security problems?
    (I did the direct upgrade after purchasing the latest version (v. 7.3) but my page broke.)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, you can update the theme to the latest version. But note that most of the customizations made in the child theme may not be compatible with the latest update so you will need to review them manually.

Yes, it is important to update the theme and WoodMart core plugin to keep your website secure.

Kind Regards

bettiesband
    Participant

Good afternoon, thanks for the response.
    1) Is there a way for you to help us with the update to have the site as similar as possible to the old version?
    2) Or can they give us a safe version that is compatible with 2.1 and that does not need manual changes?
    3) Just to be clear for me, if I stay on version 2.1 of Woodmart can I have security issues?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee this. The 2.1 version was released a few years ago and we did a lot in our theme for this time.

2. There is no such version and you need to update to the latest version in your case.

3. Yes, we can’t be responsible for any problems caused by that version of the theme.

Kind Regards

bettiesband
    Participant

Perfect, understood. Thank you.
    One more question, how can we ensure that this does not happen to us again in the future?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to activate the theme using your purchase code and always keep the theme up to date https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/update-the-theme/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)