Home Forums Basel support forum Update Visual Composer

Update Visual Composer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

royalty
    Participant

I updated the theme to version 3.0,
    however, visual composer didn’t update.

I need visual composer to work on my
    website, so how is this updated through
    the theme? It’s not clear in the documentation
    nor in the plugin documentation.

royalty
    Participant

Visual composer is not working correctly on my website, even after updating it.

See video screenshot: http://somup.com/cbe0rpSrq

You will see that the backend has 4 sections in visual composer,
    but the frontend of the page only shows 2 sections.

1. Why is this happening?
    2. How is it fixed?
    3. Why is visual composer asking to activate a license?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. We see that Visual Composer works correctly on your website. The problem is in your page markup. We don’t know how, it was broken and now some of tags are missed or unclosed. We also see that you are using some additional plugins that also may affect this.

2. Try to recreate this page from scratch.

3. Visual Composer and Revolution slider come bundled with our theme but they can’t be activated with our purchase code. Actually, you don’t need to do this. Only in case you want to get free premium support from its author, you can purchase it from codecanyon. But it is not necessary since we will always provide you with the latest updates.

Regards

royalty
    Participant

1. Which plugins can break page markup? What’s the best way to pinpoint the broken or unclosed tags?

2. I recreated the page from scratch on a new page, and it produced the exact same error.

3. Every time I would log into the dashboard, there’s a notification from Visual Composer saying it needs to be activated. The notification reappears after I close it. I noticed before I had two versions of Visual Composer. 1 normal and once “modified.” Does the theme contain 2 versions of visual composer?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. We don’t know what plugins do you use, but we see some elements that don’t come with Visual Composer and our theme.

2. Just create it step by step and see which element breaks the page.

3. Our theme has only one version of the Visual Composer plugin. There are no any “modified” version.

Regards

Mazuma Wear
    Participant

So how do we update visual composer?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can simply reinstall it. We mean just remove it and install again. If you want, you can also update it manually. The latest version of the plugin you can find in basel/inc/plugins/.

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)